1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Sale on Verizon 2150 mAh battery on Verizon Website

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible' started by jkhonea, Aug 18, 2010.

1. jkhonea

jkhonea Super Moderator

For any on the fence about an additional battery, I just ordered the Verizon 2150 battery from their site. There is a sale running cutting the price by 30%. So instead of $59.99, got it for $41.99. Healthy saving. Yes, when I use it the Seidio case won't work, but since I have the wifi tether set up for the iPad now, I'd like the extra juice. I'll also drop a note to Seidio mentioning adding another case.

This includes overnight shipping for orders put in before 4:30 local time. Not a bad savings. If you can give up the case for now, might wanna jump on this. Will add a hair more size to the phone, but doesn't look like it will extend the back much more than what it is with the Innocase now.
  2. Crypt92

Crypt92 New Member

i was wondering about this. i'm hoping you will have a review 2morrow.
  3. jkhonea

jkhonea Super Moderator

You may have to enter "BAT30" manually for the online discount code.
  4. jkhonea

jkhonea Super Moderator

Soon as I get it in, will definitely review it for everyone. I've heard from a few before that it works well.
  5. lewblue83

lewblue83 New Member

i decided i wanted in on this deal. so after i added that and the Speck case for it. it applied some glitch discount. MEGA FREEBIE!!! i called verizon and they honored the mistake.

screen shot for proof!

[​IMG]
  6. jkhonea

jkhonea Super Moderator

You're friggin' kidding me! If that goes through, I'd recommend you go play the lottery!
  7. lewblue83

lewblue83 New Member

oh it definitely went through, i called verizon and did it over the phone and got a confirmation number
  8. jkhonea

jkhonea Super Moderator

That's very cool! Congratulations! Maybe they're feeling guilty about our upgrades? :rofl3:
  9. lewblue83

lewblue83 New Member

hahaha. yea i shouldve asked where the F! is froyo????
  10. bkrickles

bkrickles New Member

good find of the discount code. I just ordered and used my $25 gift card that I received for my dinc delivery delay. With taxes I paid $20 out of pocket, so I'm a happy camper. Didn't know what to get with that damn gift card anyway as I already had all the accessories I needed.
    I'm sure the battery will be an improvement, but I'll have to figure out what to do about protection as I have a seido innocase II and love it (had one for my storm too).
    Anyway thanks again

If anyone knows of a cheap cover for this, I'd love to know about it.
  11. Grettski

Grettski New Member

I just got my Inc yesterday, one for me and one for my wife. Free upgrade but they were "refurbished". They shipped with the 2150 batteries. They came with the backs . Not sure if its the same one you bought. My phone has been off the charger since 6 AM. Moderate use, 15 texts, bout 15 minutes of web time. My battery is at 94% and its 10:10.
  12. jkhonea

jkhonea Super Moderator

Outstanding! Mine is due here anytime. Can't wait.
  13. Slothead

Slothead New Member

jkhonea, Are you referring to the Droid 1? and if so, how does it wifi tether to the iPad? I want to do this (I don't want to pay $130 for the iPad 3G or the extra data service) if I can tether - either by wifi or USB - to the Droid.

TIA
  14. jkhonea

jkhonea Super Moderator

I'm referring to the Incredible, but its the same for the Droid 1. I just rooted and installed the wifi tether app. Works like a charm. I got the iPad with wifi only expressly for this purpose. Already tried tethering the iPad and the MacBook Pro and works beautifully.
  15. Slothead

Slothead New Member

Cool, but I don't want to root (chicken), so am comfortable with USB, will that work too?
  16. jkhonea

jkhonea Super Moderator

Yes, for USB, download PDANet. That works really good. And rooting is really not as painful as I thought. Couple really good sets of directions. I went from swearing to never rooting to just uploading Froyo on my first ROM. Loving it. If you're careful, it really isn't bad.
  17. Grettski

Grettski New Member

Jk, just wanted to fill you in on the rest of the day about the battery. I watched the news at lunch for about a half hour, lots of email and texted in the afternoon, left work at 5:30 with 68%. Im sold on the 2150. I did charge it a bit different, no idea if that helped. Good luck with yours!
  18. jkhonea

jkhonea Super Moderator

So far mine has really been holding up great. Just did the initial charge on it and then have been running the phone damn near constantly flashing ROM's, updating the system, streaming, everything. I'll gauge normal use tomorrow, but it's looking outstanding. Worth the size. One of my big tests will be seeing how it will do on wifi tether for the iPad streaming.
  19. Grettski

Grettski New Member

Let me know how that goes. I did find a way to get more juice in the battery last night. Its probly posted on here somewhere but I havent seen it yet. I doubt I came up with anything new. Good luck tomorrow!
  20. jkhonea

jkhonea Super Moderator

Let me guess. Charged it till it was green, turned the power off, unplugged it and plugged it back in until it was green again. Am I warm? :D
Search tags for this page
battery for verizon fivespot
htc verizon droid incredible extended battery & cover 2150ma

verizon fivespot battery