safestrap updated new-1.07

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
safestrap updated new-1.08

New version out!
[12/15] Bugfix
[12/14] Added "Search" button binding to splashscreen to continue w/ boot up.
[12/14] Added better handling for ICS startup via Safestrap hijack
[12/14] Added "Disable Safestrap" under Advanced menu. This removes the hijack for Safestrap. Emergency use only. For the rare case where someone has a messed up touchscreen and enters recovery even though they don't hit the "Menu" button or boot up in bp-tools mode
[11/20] Fixed 2nd processor issue and missing image
[11/16] Fixed advanced restore bug where partitions would disappear + added some ICS recovery images for flashing / backup / restore
[11/06] Fixed webtop restore causing fastboot fail messageFix for 4G while using Safe SystemFixed "Back button disabled" message.

Check it out at Hash of Codes

Pease

Last edited:
OP
ovelayer

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have been running it on my d3 and have installed/switched roms acouple times now and all is well!

OP
ovelayer

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have done a backup but not a restore. I know when you switch from safe to non safe it does a backup and restore of your data and that went fine. But like i said i have only done a backup of the rom not a restore

mikespe

Reaction score
How do you update safestrap? Do we uninstall 1.06 or can we install over the top of it? Also, I noticed the apk says it's just 1.0 (don't have the 7 on it)...The Bionic Safestrap is updated too...FYI

Thanks!

OP
ovelayer

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No just download and install the .Apk
open app and click install
Done and updated

Last edited:

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hashcode tweeted last night that .07 had a bug in it. He has uploaded .08 to his website here

Mungo Baobab

Reaction score
I downloaded 1.08 and installed it, it gave me an install error. Then FC'd. But when i go back into it, it shows version 1.08 is installed and recovery is 1.08. making a backup now. So kind of weird.

Mungo

shanshor

Reaction score
So maybe I've done something wrong. I've obviously installed safestrap 1.06 and put hashcode's cm7 build on it. However, I can't find the safestrap app on my phone anywhere. I want to make sure I haven't done something wrong before I try to "update" it and install 1.08. (I want to eventually put ICS on here when he fixes the camera)

OP
ovelayer

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So maybe I've done something wrong. I've obviously installed safestrap 1.06 and put hashcode's cm7 build on it. However, I can't find the safestrap app on my phone anywhere. I want to make sure I haven't done something wrong before I try to "update" it and install 1.08. (I want to eventually put ICS on here when he fixes the camera)

Your fine. Cm7 doesnt include safestrap with the rom so after you installed the rom just download the New safestrap .apk install it open it up and click install recovery and your good to go

shanshor

Reaction score
Ok cool. So when I go to flash a new rom, will i just stay in safe mode and Wipe all data and system stuff and flash the new zip like before, leaving the unsafe portion untouched?