[RECOVERY] Safestrap Recovery v3.7x [05/15/2014 V3.73 - TWRP 2.7]

ndd

Reaction score
Use the "wipe" button from main menu and "factory reset" (wipes data/cache). On the checkboxes, I wouldn't change anything from the defaults.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

what's the difference between 'factory reset' and wiping 'system', 'cache' and 'dalvik'? I'd have thought the latter would clear the slot, but when I re-installed the ROM I still had my app data. I assume that a 'factory reset' would only apply to the active slot, but I'm afraid to try ...

93fuelslut

Reaction score
I THINK I HAVE A BRICK COMING UP..................
I used astro to move my "strapstrap" slot 1 backup from sdcard to sd ext, cause i had no memory left to use slot 2..
So i moved my slot 1 back up to sd ext
Then rebooted to fill slot 2..
Well when i did, it says safe strap disabled and rebooted to a factory reset freshness..
What happened? ....scared to restore even my stock rom set up

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
you are on your stock rom now bro. just boot into safestrap, format your sd, plug in your usb cable to pc than mount the sd and copy over a rom that u want and create a new slot with 2gb or less and install it. when you moved it with astro you basically cleared your rom slots.

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
what's the difference between 'factory reset' and wiping 'system', 'cache' and 'dalvik'? I'd have thought the latter would clear the slot, but when I re-installed the ROM I still had my app data. I assume that a 'factory reset' would only apply to the active slot, but I'm afraid to try ...
its better to delete the rom slot and make a new one.

93fuelslut

Reaction score
you are on your stock rom now bro. just boot into safestrap, format your sd, plug in your usb cable to pc than mount the sd and copy over a rom that u want and create a new slot with 2gb or less and install it. when you moved it with astro you basically cleared your rom slots.

Yea i dont have a pc. So formatting a new sd card is gonna happen when it shouldnt even need to be formatted..and the whole backup errasing because of astro is gay. I must be the only asian that doesnt know sh!t abt electronics

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Yea i dont have a pc. So formatting a new sd card is gonna happen when it shouldnt even need to be formatted..and the whole backup errasing because of astro is gay. I must be the only asian that doesnt know sh!t abt electronics
then boot normaly, use astro to del everything off the sd card, dl the rom and reboot into safestrap and make a new rom slot and install it.

ndd

Reaction score

93fuelslut

Reaction score
what does undervolt do? i forgot
just flash the undervolt script in ss recovery?

cna i heard has bad data

ndd

Reaction score
what does undervolt do? i forgot
just flash the undervolt script in ss recovery?

cna i heard has bad data

under volting decreases the amount of power the cpu uses, which can save battery life. it also can make your phone unstable, so you have to be careful how low you go. myfishbear has a bunch of options for over/under clocking and volting for his eclipse rom; they seem to work for aokp, too. you can just flash the script of your choice in recovery.

I'm seeing different stories about CNA; if work continues to be slow, I might give it a try today. one of the problems with the new safestrap is it gives me too many things to play with!

93fuelslut

Reaction score
If it decreases the amount of power, what does that effect? The speed of the phone?

Wipe cache
Wipe dalvic
Flash script
Reboot????

ndd

Reaction score
If it decreases the amount of power, what does that effect? The speed of the phone?

Wipe cache
Wipe dalvic
Flash script
Reboot????

from what I understand, for any given frequency, there are a range of voltages over which the phone will operate stably. the stock voltages are fairly high, so there's some wiggle room for lowering them. different phones have different characteristics, so there's no guarantee that what works for me will work for you. myfishbear has scripts for both overclocking and undervolting; you might want to start with the 1200lv script, and if it works well, then try the 1200ulv.

yep, wipe, wipe, flash and reboot.