[RECOVERY] Safestrap Recovery v3.7x [05/15/2014 V3.73 - TWRP 2.7]

moccor

Reaction score
You can back things up with TiBu and restore them that way. You can't restore a Nandroid from SS2.11.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2
But I meant like, EVERYTHING, including system apps, so in a way the restoring of every system app would be like restoring a backup.

ws6formula350

Reaction score
Re: Safestrap Recovery v3.04 [10/14/2012 v3.04]

But I meant like, EVERYTHING, including system apps, so in a way the restoring of every system app would be like restoring a backup.

System apps w/TiBu is usually bad juju, from personal experience, lol.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

moccor

Reaction score
System apps w/TiBu is usually bad juju, from personal experience, lol.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
But it's going from the same ROM to the same ROM, with no kernal changes or anything. I'll give it a try tomorrow, atm I am getting SS3 installed and flashing the ROM again. Don't want to screw anything up right before going to sleep :p.

Also, something weird just happened. I switched from Eclipse 1.3.2 back to stock (to remove and install SS3) and the stock ROM somehow has my text messages from Eclipse. Is that normal? lol

SS also says the 'recovery state' is "Old Version" and it shows version 1.09.. I know for sure I had 2.11, I saw the new boot screen and everything lol. Idk where to even find 1.09 haha, this is very weird.

Question - When I opened Titanium backup after making the switch to SS3, it said my Android ID has changed and that some apps rely on it for security/licensing purposes. Titanium gives me the option of restoring the previous ID. Should I do it, or will something bad happen? I'd think that if the ID changed, it did so for a reason

reebz

Reaction score
Ok, I'm feeling kind of stupid here. I got it installed and it boots up nicely, but how do I enable to "safe" side? I'm on unsafe with an ICS leak, and I have the JB on the safe side which I'd like to return to. Thanks for any assistance.

Do I need to create a ROM slot first and then reinstall JB on that created slot?

Edit: Never mind mind. I figured it out. Took the plunge. Created a ROM slot first, then installed JB ROM, followed by gapps and all is well.

chefb

Reaction score
What system do I have to have installed... im still gingerbread rooted stock .....I know,I know this is my back upphone and im ready to play.

OP
Hashcode

Hashcode

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.hash-of-codes.blogspot.com
Updated the OP to version 3.05 which includes:

- Fix for sharing the SD card / internal emmc via recovery (UMS)
- Fixed the install/update function for Safestrap while currently in a ROM-slot (don't do this when updating to 3.05 -- but it's safe after that).

Download the APK Installer Here for "BIONIC, RAZR/MAXX and DROID 4"
md5sum: 84447c70f87d4da8ee9afe6c5f298978

IF COMING FROM V2.x FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS: How to Safestrap
OTHERWISE UPDATE IN PLACE IS OK

[ DOUBLE-CHECK you have the BIONIC/RAZR/DROID4 VERSION ]

chefb

Reaction score
But what version of android must I have to install this awesomeness?

brom

Reaction score
Re: [RECOVERY] Safestrap Recovery v3.0 [10/17/2012 V3.05 - UMS FIX]

Ics

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Papa_T

Reaction score
Ok, for the dumb question of the thread. How do I remove Safestrap V2.x. I can't figure it out. It says to go into the old safestrap app and run "remove recovery", but I don't see that option. So I'm guessing I'm in the wrong place. Can someone tell me how to get to this option?

Thanks...

kwyrt

Reaction score

Ok, for the dumb question of the thread. How do I remove Safestrap V2.x. I can't figure it out. It says to go into the old safestrap app and run "remove recovery", but I don't see that option. So I'm guessing I'm in the wrong place. Can someone tell me how to get to this option?

Thanks...

You need to be on your unsafe side stock ROM. Then, when you open the safestrap app, you should see the uninstall recovery option.

Droid 4 - AOKP JB

Papa_T

Reaction score
You need to be on your unsafe side stock ROM. Then, when you open the safestrap app, you should see the uninstall recovery option.

Droid 4 - AOKP JB

Getting into the unsafe side is really the part I don't know how to do. How do I get there?

Edit: Okay, I think I was so close earlier but didn't let it finish the boot process before I stopped it. I'm going to let it run for awhile before I do anything with it. Hope it's not caught in a boot loop.

kwyrt

Reaction score

Getting into the unsafe side is really the part I don't know how to do. How do I get there?

Reboot your phone and go in to safestrap recovery when the splash screen comes up. You should see an option to switch between your safe and unsafe systems.

Droid 4 - AOKP JB

Papa_T

Reaction score
It has been rebooting for better than 15 minutes now. I'm guessing it's caught in a loop somehow. I'm going to reboot in safe mode and get back to where I was and try again. Any more "step by step" directions would be greatly appreciated cause I'm obviously screwing this process up.

sean9721

Reaction score
It has been rebooting for better than 15 minutes now. I'm guessing it's caught in a loop somehow. I'm going to reboot in safe mode and get back to where I was and try again. Any more "step by step" directions would be greatly appreciated cause I'm obviously screwing this process up.

Optional: Back up your unsafe system in case you have to go back to 2.11 for any reason.

This is how I did mine:

1. Boot into your stock rom
  2. Open up the SafeStrap 2.11 app
  3. Hit Uninstall Recovery
  4. Then uninstall app
  5. Reboot
  6. Install SafeStrap 3.05
  7. Reboot and then you should be on SafeStrap 3.05

I think that is the correct way. Which part do you need help with?

Papa_T

Reaction score
Optional: Back up your unsafe system in case you have to go back to 2.11 for any reason.

This is how I did mine:

1. Boot into your stock rom
  2. Open up the SafeStrap 2.11 app
  3. Hit Uninstall Recovery
  4. Then uninstall app
  5. Reboot
  6. Install SafeStrap 3.05
  7. Reboot and then you should be on SafeStrap 3.05

I think that is the correct way. Which part do you need help with?

When I try to boot in stock, it gets hung up on the boot animation. It ran for over 20 minutes. I had gone into safestrap recovery and toggled to safe mode "disabled". I then rebooted and that's when it got hung up. Any ideas?