[RECOVERY] Safestrap Recovery v3.7x [05/15/2014 V3.73 - TWRP 2.7]

marleyinoc

Reaction score
It was fine last night. I think he requested no mirrors while in beta so it's probably taking a beating :)

-Bionic 6.7.247 via HoB

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
FYI: Any backups made using v2 will not work on v3.

I mention that because I have my rom nicely set up and in order to update safestrap you have to have safeside disabled, so I thought I could make a backup of the rom & data then install v3 and restore the rom & data. That did not work so I reverted to V2 and restored the backup.

Eventually when I have the time I will go to V3 because you can easily & quickly swap roms with it.

ws6formula350

Reaction score
i'm gonna install SS3 and install Eclipse and CM10 10.14 in separate slots since i have the day off...here goes nothin :x:

pnwsr6

Reaction score
marleyinoc said:
It was fine last night. I think he requested no mirrors while in beta so it's probably taking a beating :)

-Bionic 6.7.247 via HoB

That is probably it, i finally got it on my phone and it still took a couple of tries to get a backup copy on my computer

sean9721

Reaction score
I finished my install of SS3 earlier. After installing it I created a partition for Eclipse. After flashing Eclipse I rebooted. The menu that has the options recovery and skip came up. Before 10 seconds was up it went away, like the phone rebooted. The menu came up again. Once it disappeared I had a black screen. I had to press power and vol- to get the phone to turn off. I rebooted and then hit the button to go into recovery. I once again got a black screen and had to press power and vol-. After rebooting I was able to get into recovery. I reflashed Eclipse and everything is fine now. I'm not sure if I did something wrong or if it was a glitch, but I thought I would share.

I also get a "Low On Volume Space" notification after switching to SS3. I'm not sure if it's related to SS3, but I didn't have the notification before.

brom

Reaction score
Re: Safestrap Recovery v3.04 [10/14/2012 v3.04]

I installed ss3 and I am now getting low space uninstalled apps it won't go away

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

kwyrt

Reaction score

To you guys getting low space. Did you move the safestrap folder to your external sd card? The stuff in there takes up a lot of space. If that is not the problem, try installing an app like diskusage and see what is taking up the space.

Droid 4 - AOKP JB

sean9721

Reaction score
I moved the folder before updating. I did look and noticed there is another SafeStrap folder in the internal sd after updating. It takes up 2.83gb. It has the stock and partition files in it. Can I move it without reflashing anything?

kwyrt

Reaction score
I moved the folder before updating. I did look and noticed there is another SafeStrap folder in the internal sd after updating. It takes up 2.83gb. It has the stock and partition files in it. Can I move it without reflashing anything?
Look at my internal SD card I do still have a safestrap folder with my rom-slot1 taking up 2.9GB. If that is what you are seeing, then that needs to stay there. Is there anything else on there that is taking up space? Maybe downloads, videos, etc. that can be moved to your external sd card? I have 3.5GB free with one ROM installed.

sean9721

Reaction score
Look at my internal SD card I do still have a safestrap folder with my rom-slot1 taking up 2.9GB. If that is what you are seeing, then that needs to stay there. Is there anything else on there that is taking up space? Maybe downloads, videos, etc. that can be moved to your external sd card? I have 3.5GB free with one ROM installed.

So it was my external sd card that was full. I had two SafeStrap backups on it that were taking up a lot of space. I deleted one which gave me 2gb. I never even thought about my external card being full. Thanks for the help.

brom

Reaction score

No safestrap folder on SD before install still getting low space notification

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1350356567537.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350356567537.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 309

ylak26

Reaction score

what's the difference between having 1, 2, or 3gigs for the data partition?
Is there benefits having it set to 3gb?

DROID4 - AOKP JB

moccor

Reaction score
So I want to update to the newest SS and stay on the same ROM, but as we all know, we can't restore backups. But, since I'm going to the same ROM, theoretically can't I just back up every single apk, including system apks and just restore them without a problem?

ws6formula350

Reaction score

So I want to update to the newest SS and stay on the same ROM, but as we all know, we can't restore backups. But, since I'm going to the same ROM, theoretically can't I just back up every single apk, including system apks and just restore them without a problem?

You can back things up with TiBu and restore them that way. You can't restore a Nandroid from SS2.11.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2