Safestrap question

OP
D

drevil00

Reaction score
Do you have the stock rom installed on your sd card? If so all you would have to do is go into safe mode>select install from sd card. The only difference I can think of is that I have the rooted stock rom that koush has on his sight that is safestrap compatible. Something to consider.Also you want to make sure you do a data wipe, cache wipe, and davlik cache wipe when going from one to the other.

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

Unfortunatly i do not have the stock rom handy, the ones i seem to have found are not compatiable with safestrap. I went to kushs site and tried to download it but it gives me a 503 error. Do u possibly have a link that works or can u send me the file? Thank you in advance.

km75

Reaction score
Unfortunatly i do not have the stock rom handy, the ones i seem to have found are not compatiable with safestrap. I went to kushs site and tried to download it but it gives me a 503 error. Do u possibly have a link that works or can u send me the file? Thank you in advance.

Unfortunately the files I have are for a D3. I will look around for a bionic one though.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

ALDO101T

Reaction score
my buddy has a droid 3 he disabled safestrap to try to flash cmd 5.0.2.6, now his phone just boot loops??? what can we do??

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
my buddy has a droid 3 he disabled safestrap to try to flash cmd 5.0.2.6, now his phone just boot loops??? what can we do??

Disabled it then what? How were you trying to flash it?

ALDO101T

Reaction score
i managed to get into stock recovery, and restore stock rom, then i went back to safestrap. he's good to go now, but i sure would like to know how to get cwm in just for the knowledge of how to do this-its like a challenge, if you know what i mean

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You cannot install cwm on the D3. You have to use tweakedd3bootstrap or safestrap. That's it.

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk