Safestrap problems

deduct

Reaction score
Safestrap will not allow me to toggle safe mode anymore. When i try it gets to restoring data and aborts. Then i have to restore my old system thru backup and restore. i tried to uninstall safestrap thru applications but it still goes to safestrap menu when i reboot. Anyone have any ideas? Do i even have to uninstall safestrap? And if so...how do u do it? Thanks for the help in advance.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

OP
deduct

deduct

Reaction score
The only option for that thru recovery that i can find says disable safestrap. Was afraid to click it though cause it said beside it 'if stuck in recovery.' This the thing to hit?

eye_dea

Reaction score
No. Find the app and uninstall recovery there.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
deduct

deduct

Reaction score
Do you mean find the app under applications thru phone settings? Because i already tried to uninstall it that way. Now it does not show up there. But, i still have it cause it brings me to safe strap menu when i reboot. Thanks for helping me out by the way.

OP
deduct

deduct

Reaction score
I just found the original safestrap sdk. file under sd card-downloads using es file explorer. If i delete this file will this remove it from phone completely?

OP
deduct

deduct

Reaction score
I have not deleted file. I deleted app. So now it does not show up under applications. I am not sure how to get to that menu in safestrap where it gives me the option of removing it now.

OP
deduct

deduct

Reaction score
Figured it out!!! Went into files and clicked on safestrap file and it brought me to remove it. Thanks for your help. Now i am hoping that i can install it again and it will work right.

OP
deduct

deduct

Reaction score
Okay. installed safestrap again and still will not let me switch sides! Keeps failing when backing up data when trying to enable safe system. So according to the instructions u posted it sounds like i should use the quick toggle option. Right? Even though it says dangerous beside this option?

NorthGuard

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me yesterday. I ended up having to remove the safestrap folder from my internal sd card (i did NOT delete it, I put it on my pc for safe keeping). Booted into safestrap and made a fresh backup of my unsafe system. Then I was able to switch to my safe system.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
deduct

deduct

Reaction score
I have eclipse rom waiting on sd card-ext. I have installed and ran it before with no problems at all. That and axiom ics. Tried cyanogen cm9 out too. This problem did not occur until i tried liberty rom out but could not get data to connect while running it. Assume its because liberty 2.0 runs on 5.5 build. Eclipse is my favorite rom so far but still cannot get safe strap to switch sides. Was just reading in that thread you posted where that guy had same problem as me but have not found post with solution there yet. Going to continue reading the conversation there.