Safestrap or Regular BootStrap?

MrCapcom

Reaction score
Which one is better? I'm using what looks like koush boot strapper right now but should I use only Safestrap? Which one is better?
I plan on using the ICS rom later on once it gets better or a new liberty rom. Atm I'm just trying to backup and remove bloat until
the new roms come out.

Thanks

wilboy

Reaction score
Which one is better? I'm using what looks like koush boot strapper right now but should I use only Safestrap? Which one is better?
I plan on using the ICS rom later on once it gets better or a new liberty rom. Atm I'm just trying to backup and remove bloat until
the new roms come out.

Thanks
Get both!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can tell by my signature what I recommend.

FWIW you cannot use both. One or the other.

Sent from my rooted, ROM'd, and Safestrapped XT862

OP
MrCapcom

MrCapcom

Reaction score
Cool ill try installing safestrap later on. Thanks guys

thejacked1

Reaction score
I thought long and hard about the same thing, came up with this. BOOTSTRAP IF you find a rom you like and stick with it awhile (until it updates, or u want a change). You aren't one of the first people to flash a new rom. You don't mess with alpha builds, maybe well tested betas. You rarely experiment. You are willing to read before you flash.
SAFESTRAP IF u bounce from rom to rom. Gotta have a build the minute its released. Have bricked a phone more than a couple times. DO like to experiment...DONT like to read. Since I fit into the bootstrap category, that's what I use. Only thing I wish I had (and its a big one) is the ability to boot CWR from off. Plus I like my storage "clean", don't like files I never use just sitting around. Call it ocd? Just my 2 cents.?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

bhp117

Reaction score
Can both be cold booted into recovery by holding vol down and power button?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can both be cold booted into recovery by holding vol down and power button?

Safestrap gives you a splash screen on boot. Helpful if you are bootlooping. Just press menu key. ;)

Sent from my rooted, ROM'd, and Safestrapped XT862