Safestrap Issue - Error: Can't mount /SDcard.. help!!!!!!

evilmeeko

Reaction score
Hello!

I am trying to install the new MavRom4.0. I received the OTA update to 5.7.906, lost my root. I used Motofail portable and got it back, got busybox installed, i am rooted, and installed the latest safestrap 1.08f (not sure why it says f). I can boot into recovery, and i entered the safe system as the guide said ( http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-3-hacks/181636-how-use-safestrap-backup-flash-wip.html ) and followed all of the instructions to the "T". I wiped all the places i was supposed to, and when i tried to "install zip from SDcard" I could select internal or external. Well i put the ROM on the external card (which i thought was fine), and tried every attempt to access it through the safestrap menu, i.e, "mount SDcard (nope), and install from external SDcard (E:Can't mount /SDcard) so if i can't mount the card how am i supposed to continue?

Thank you in advance!!!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think 1.08f is the tweaked XDA version. You may need to go right to hash-of-codes.com to get the official.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think 1.08f is the tweaked XDA version. You may need to go right to hash-of-codes.com to get the official.

correct
or download tweeked 1.08e
:)

OP
evilmeeko

evilmeeko

Reaction score
Thanks guys! The official one got me in the right direction.. and now have the nice new MavRom running great! just gotta figure out how to get all the apps and contacts back in.. hmmm

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Contacts should have been synced with your gmail account. If not you should go to gmail.com and type them in there. Makes it much easier!

OP
evilmeeko

evilmeeko

Reaction score
Contacts still missing...

Contacts should have been synced with your gmail account. If not you should go to gmail.com and type them in there. Makes it much easier!

GUIDOT>> Thank you for your help! As far as the contacts go... unfortunately they were never backed up via gmail... only via the backup assistant through Verizon. and the MavRom 4.0 does not have the backup assistant installed in it... so it will not sync. i downloaded the NEW version of Backup assistant which is waaay different (backup assistant plus) and it said the last backup was in march, which is bologna. Not sure what to do.. the ONLY contacts i have now are my stupid facebook ones.

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
evilmeeko said:
GUIDOT>> Thank you for your help! As far as the contacts go... unfortunately they were never backed up via gmail... only via the backup assistant through Verizon. and the MavRom 4.0 does not have the backup assistant installed in it... so it will not sync. i downloaded the NEW version of Backup assistant which is waaay different (backup assistant plus) and it said the last backup was in march, which is bologna. Not sure what to do.. the ONLY contacts i have now are my stupid facebook ones.

Pull backup assistant apk from another ROM zip and sideload it.

OP
evilmeeko

evilmeeko

Reaction score
Pistacio: thanks, but it did not work. it refused to install. i am still trying to figure out where on my SD card the backup would be that VBHokieFan mentioned. I don't have another ROM unless he means reverting back to my old Droid 3 system.. that defeats the purpose right?

pistacio

Reaction score
Pistacio: thanks, but it did not work. it refused to install. i am still trying to figure out where on my SD card the backup would be that VBHokieFan mentioned. I don't have another ROM unless he means reverting back to my old Droid 3 system.. that defeats the purpose right?

You could do this:
Make a backup of Mavrom right now in recovery
Then wipe data and cache
Toggle to nonsafe
Reboot and follow my instructions on that other thread I linked to get your contacts out of backup assistant and into google.
Once finished, toggle back into safe mode and restore your backup of mavrom
Then Sync with google for your contacts and done!

^someone correct if wrong

Last edited:

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
^ you could do that or you could just go here and flash the add-on zip from Steel Droid :biggrin: which is essentially what I meant before LOL

pistacio

Reaction score
^That's much easier, lol

Then do this after you have all your contacts back, so you don't have to deal with backup assistant ever again:

open contacts>menu>display options>check all of them in google and backup assistant so that all are visible

export your contacts to your sd card.
Open dialer>menu>manage contacts>export to sd card
It should save a file named "0001.vcf", name doesn't matter as long as its .vcf file.

Next, choose default account to store new contacts
Open contacts>menu>more>settings>contact storage
Uncheck backup assistant and select google as default location for new contacts

Now, import your contact file you exported earlier
Contacts>menu>manage contacts>import from sd card (it will be the .vcf you saved earlier. This will bring those contacts into your gmail account and you will still have the .Vcf file on your sd card as a backup, which can be used with other devices.

Let me know if there's any confusion