SafeStrap Is Finally Here For The Verizon Galaxy S5! Thanks To @Hashcode0f

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The Verizon Galaxy S5 has been rooted now for only a week and developer "Hashcode0f" has already delivered on SafeStrap! In case you don't know SafeStrap enables Locked Bootloader devices to use a custom recovery for flashing custom roms and other mods! The way this work is it bypasses the bootloader altogether and leaves the stock system alone! Large changes only happen on what is treated as a "2nd system". Traditionally you would need to unlock your phone's bootloader in order to flash a custom recovery and then flash roms. Safestrap eliminates this need. However since we do not have access to the kernel there is no way that we can run AOSP roms like Cyanogen Mod or Paranoid Android, but we are able to run any TouchWiz based rom that we like!

Installation is pretty simple on the Verizon Galaxy S5. You will need to be rooted. This can be achieved with the TowelRoot method. Visit Towelroot.com to get rooted. Once rooted you will need to grab "BusyBoxInstaller" by Jrummy on the PlayStore. If you are currently rooted and using Xposed Framework you will need to temporarily uninstall Xposed at least long enough to install SafeStrap. Once SafeStrap is installed you can reinstall Xposed Framework. You will need and External Sdcard installed in the S5 in order for SafeStrap to work properly. Once you have met these requirements head to the link below to grab the SafeStrap APK. When you have the app downloaded you will need to go to Settings/Security and check "unkown sources". Then install the Safestrap app. Open the app and select "Install SafeStrap Recovery". You can then boot into recovery.

Once installed you will have the option to boot into a custom rom slot and flash a custom rom. You can flash inbetween your stock rom and custom roms. You can also install multiple roms in your roms slots and switch back and forth between them. There are options to wipe your data and more.

Via XDA

swc2001

Reaction score
Bless that Man!!! He is my Hero. I have an S4 and he worked tirelessly to get SS for us.... looks like he is continuing the good fight on the S5
I hope to get the S5 for my wife soon.
I think we all need to donate to Hash!!!

SAFESTRAP FTW!!!

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
This man is great. Every phone I've owned, even if he doesn't develop for it he immediately (well asap) delivers safestrap. Lol its pretty incredible.

Sent from my Eclipsed XT1060