[HACKS] Safestrap Guide for RAZR

kikkz

Reaction score
hello..
i gt a problem wit safesrtap.... after create a rom slot , hw can i delete it, i mean if i activate stok slot and, dnt need custom slot 1 anymore hw cn i do it.....
thankz...

GotnFX

Reaction score
If that's the case, can I delete both Superuser apps ( Rom and Stock) and reinstall the same version to both sides? Which do u suggest is better to use ClockworkMod or ChainsDD?
Sorry for such a long note, b=and Ihope u understand what I am trying to explain and solve.
PS: i wrote developer andhave yet to receive a response.

Sorry Helron, I just realized I never answered this. I am assuming you are now a professional on this issues..lol. I've used both versions and I presently am using CWM. Every ROM update I have to install superuser and I am sure you figured out you could delete and reload either one. Again sorry..lol

GotnFX

Reaction score
hello..
i gt a problem wit safesrtap.... after create a rom slot , hw can i delete it, i mean if i activate stok slot and, dnt need custom slot 1 anymore hw cn i do it.....
thankz...

Welcome to the forum kikkz. To answer your question, activate slot 1 then go to WIPE button on the main safe strap screen. You'll see cache, dalvik, system. Wipe all three should clear out slot 1. Again make sure slot 1 is activated otherwise you may inadvertently wipe away the stock ROM.

kikkz

Reaction score
thank u vry much GotnFX....
so wht about slot 1 partition space...cn i gt it bak ( i mean if i create slot 1 with 1gb, i lost about ~1.6gb from internal memory,)
??

GotnFX

Reaction score
so wht about slot 1 partition space...cn i gt it bak ( i mean if i create slot 1 with 1gb, i lost about ~1.6gb from internal memory,)
??

To be honest, I am not sure. I believe SS is set up to only use internal memory for the ROM slots. I like trying out different custom ROMs and slot 1 seems to be the slot of choice for the ones I've tried. I believe if you go into a file manager and look for safe strap and find ROM slot 1 you could delete it there...Again, I am not 100 % sure. Hopefully someone can chime in and confirm or give the right advice. Sorry.

helron

Reaction score
Titanium Backup Pro w/ Safestrap

Running Safestrap with Cm102 in Slot 1 and Stock JB

Using TiBu Pro and unsure if:
When Slot 1 Rom is active, does TiBu backup only that active slot, or entire phone?
When Stock is active, does it only backup stock or entire phone?

Same question above applies to "nandroid" via Safestrap, which I assume backups up entire phone (Roms and stock), since it's done from recovery?

Thanks!
Disregard -have answer. Each slot Backup is separate.

Redjak

Reaction score
I really want to use SafeStrap instead of BMM because with BMM, my SD card and internal storage get messed up on every reboot. However, I'm just not ok with partitioning in order to install a ROM; I want it installed over my Stock partition. Can I do that with SafeStrap? Whenever I try, it just boots to a black screen after the recovery.

moset

Reaction score
??

I have the same question about deleting the partition.
Also I only see instructions about flashing ROMs via safestrap. I think I understand the logic allowing you to switch ROMs.
I'm not new to flashing but my experience was way back with the OG Droid. Back then you just did a nandroid back up and if you don't like what you flashed you could just restore.
Is there any reason you can't just install a custom recovery and flash on the partitions that your stock firmware was on?
Safestrap is a nice tool but is it required?

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

GotnFX

Reaction score
I have the same question about deleting the partition.

Also I only see instructions about flashing ROMs via safestrap. I think I understand the logic allowing you to switch ROMs.

Is there any reason you can't just install a custom recovery and flash on the partitions that your stock firmware was on?
Safestrap is a nice tool but is it required?

I just deleted slot 1 and it went back to as if I never performed a partition. All I did was activated my stock ROM slot in SS. I went back into boot option..slot 1 and there was a delete button. I had CM 10, but wanted to delete it cuz I was having to many internet connectivity issues.

SS is great in that it can keep many different ROMs all set up in each slot..if you want and not have to reset up screens and download apps again. If you have a problem with a custom rom, you can go back to stock or the previous version of a rom via SS. Back when I had my OG droid, I remember having a number of issues where I couldn't get back to my backups and had to start from scratch. SS saves the hassle because you can always boot back to SS and get back to stock or a previous version of a custom ROM..if you saved the download. Hope this makes sense.

moset

Reaction score
I just deleted slot 1 and it went back to as if I never performed a partition. All I did was activated my stock ROM slot in SS. I went back into boot option..slot 1 and there was a delete button. I had CM 10, but wanted to delete it cuz I was having to many internet connectivity issues.

Perfect, so you regain the 1.5 gig or so used for the "safe" ROM partitions?

I guess I need to delete some junk. The stock nandroid backup takes up lots of space too.
Thanks.

GotnFX

Reaction score
Perfect, so you regain the 1.5 gig or so used for the "safe" ROM partitions?

Yes that is correct. Regained it. Did you try it? I havent repartitioned any slots on the safe side yet...gonna do some research other ROMs besides CM 10.

moset

Reaction score
No I haven't yet. I'm thinking I may just totally wipe everything and start over with a clean slate.