Safestrap and Eclipse 2.2

carlisdead

Reaction score
So what exactly would happen if one used Safestrap to install Eclipse 2.2?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

trini.s2k

Reaction score
So what exactly would happen if one used Safestrap to install Eclipse 2.2?

nothing , it is compatible with safestrap , what you can do because when you install it the bootstrap might ask for access from superuser , hit not , or take titainium back up and remove it if u worry it might cause a conflict but it didnt when i used 2.0 with safe stap i had no issues....thing i notice is it does boot into recovery automaticaly when i use reguluar bootstrap to install i did a clean install from .890 so its really your preference and what you are cautious about...but might expereince i had no problems with safestrap...what i am tryin to accomplish is having this as my base thats y i use bootstrap , then erase bootstrap and install safestrap and have this as my safe rom and ics as my fun with stuff....hope dis helps n i didnt confuse u

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If you have safestrap installed simply remove bootstrap from the zip before flashing :biggrin:

trini.s2k

Reaction score
If you have safestrap installed simply remove bootstrap from the zip before flashing :biggrin:

you can do that to , but it worked with safestrap without removing it, because bootstrap is install on the rom, u can also remove it after as well...:) either option will work....

OP
C

carlisdead

Reaction score
Wow. Good info, thx for the responses. So I'm not at high risk of bricking or causing permanent damage? Most likely I'd just have to use a diff rom and eclipse wont work?

trini.s2k

Reaction score
Wow. Good info, thx for the responses. So I'm not at high risk of bricking or causing permanent damage? Most likely I'd just have to use a diff rom and eclipse wont work?

i dnt believe you will have any problems, if you brick let us know we will help , or just run through the forum and look for sbf and start from scratch :) you should be fine have fun

OP
C

carlisdead

Reaction score
i dnt believe you will have any problems, if you brick let us know we will help , or just run through the forum and look for sbf and start from scratch :) you should be fine have fun

Awesome! You guys have been great. Thx again!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Eclipse works. I was a tester. No issues with the bootstrap being in there.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk