SAFESTRAP 2.0 by Hashcode

Pan1cz

Reaction score
I don't think this has been spread quick enough to the other forums, so from XDA here is Hashcode's original post yesterday.

[RECOVERY/BOOTSTRAP] Safestrap for Droid 4 MotoICS Leak ONLY [06/02: Version 2.00] - xda-developers

[ THIS IS ONLY FOR THOSE USING THE NEW ICS LEAK FROM MOTO (.200 / .206) ]

[ After installation boot into recovery and make a backup (doesn't need Webtop) while in Non-Safe mode to have a full 1st and 2nd system backup for disaster recovery. ]

** KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING WITH THIS -- VERY HARD TO RECOVER IF YOU ARE USING THE LEAK. **

Download Here:
http://bit.ly/JDodBs
md5sum: 2de0c1331c8bcaf256c462cbf1ca3255

Instructions for Use

Whats NEW in 2.00:
- All new touch-based routines to handle the menu, home, back & search buttons on the front of the phone using the new ICS build from Motorola.
- Code-base updated to CWRecovery 5.5.0.4.

KNOWN ISSUES:
- USB Sharing in Recovery isn't working correctly.
- The new touch controls aren't perfect. I might need to tweak handling a bit as it might take 2 taps sometimes to register and then sometimes 1 tap registers twice it seems.

Entry to recovery via Splashscreen on boot-up. The screen stays up for around 8-10 seconds and if you hit the menu button, it takes you to Safestrap Recovery.

SPECIAL THANKS TO:

• Koush who develops such a GREAT recovery system and the makes the source available for others to use.
  • The Atrix dev team who I pulled the internal/external SD card support from
  • The Defy dev team that originally developed the Bootmenu source which I stripped down and used for the Splashscreen.

As always, let me know what you think!

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Fyi: Its already in the forum under the droid 4 hacks section.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

zagan13

Reaction score
why wont my phone let me open the app? i install safestrap and when i open it it always says " unfortunately. safestraap has stopped'' help please. im dying to install a rom

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
why wont my phone let me open the app? i install safestrap and when i open it it always says " unfortunately. safestraap has stopped'' help please. im dying to install a rom
What are you running now? Stock Gingerbread build .219 or the ICS .206 leak? Safestrap 2.0 is for those who installed the leaked ICS. With that...there are no ROMs to install with Safestrap 2.0 yet.

Safestrap 1.9 is for the stock phone running Gingerbread. There are a few ROMs for it to use on the "safe" side.

Stock phone on GB + Safestrap 1.9 - "UnSafe" = GB stock, "Safe" = CM9/ICS, AOKP/ICS, Eclipse, etc...

Stock phone on leaked ICS + Safestrap 2.0 - No ROMs available yet to install on "safe" system.

grizzy3

Reaction score

Your phone probably isn't rooted.