1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

safely remove bloatware from my phone without rooting

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR M' started by dustyjlewis, Apr 6, 2013.

1. dustyjlewis

dustyjlewis New Member

I would like to remove all the crap ware from my phone like NFL mobile. I am so discouraged about not being able to store apps on the sd card. I only have 1.7 gb left to use...that is why I want to do this. I am not sure I want to root my phone just yet.
  2. wcjeep

wcjeep Member

Its easy to uninstall/disable apps. This takes them back to zero day and stops them from updating.
  3. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid New Member

Welcome to Droid Forums dustyjlewis! I have had the M since October (stated with the Razr Maxx, believe it or not). I worried also about the limited internal storage space also but I have 164 apps (many I barely use) on my phone with 1.6 gb left. Surprisingly, I think you are safe.

To disable the bloat apps, go to settings --> apps, scroll along the top to “all apps" ... go to the apps you want to disable and click the disable button (some you may have to uninstall the updates before you get the disable option). Your disabled apps will be listed on the bottom. Hope this helps.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
  4. dustyjlewis

dustyjlewis New Member

So once you disable them they just don't update anymore. but they are still taking up space?...right? Can you completely remove them?
  5. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid New Member

They will stop updating, some can actually be uninstalled, they will stop using your phone's resources but the ones that are only disabled do take up a minimal amt of space.

With 164 apps (which is a lot of apps), this is what my internal storage looks like.

uploadfromtaptalk1365359930631.jpg

Use your external sdcard to store your pics, docs, media, etc and you should not have a problem running out of internal storage.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
Search tags for this page
android remove bloatware without root
can you remove bloatware without rooting
delete bloatware without root
how to delete bloatware android
how to delete bloatware without rooting
how to remove bloatware without root

how to remove bloatware without rooting

remove android bloatware without rooting
remove bloatware android
remove bloatware android without root