Safe Strap 2 with ICS .230

OP
SDroidDawg

SDroidDawg

Reaction score

deduct

Reaction score
SDroidDawg said:
So I have .230 on my phone, installed SafeStrap 2.0, and then followed the instructions on the link below to flash Eclipse 3.0. What I get when I try to restart into Safe (Eclipse 3.0) all I get is a blank screen. It never boots entirely. If I go into the Unsafe (.230) it boots up fine. Any suggestions?

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-bionic-hacks/202176-detailed-safestrap-instructions.html

You cannot run eclipse 3.0 or any other ginger bread based roms on your safe side if you have the ics leak on your unsafe side. There are some roms that will run on safe side but eclipse is not one of them yet. Hopefully once the official ics is released we will see eclipse resurface in all its glory.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

EdJanx

Reaction score
OK. I really like. 230 as well. Really no reason to try something else IMO

I hear you - .230 is great, but I still prefer the ICS AOKP and AOSP ROM's UI implementation much better. Little things like the pull down menu, etc. But I'm stoked to be on .230. Haven't tried CM9 yet, but I'm going to do *something* on Safeside 2.0 for sure, and I assume it will work because it was fine on .228. FYI, Bionic Bootstrap and Safeside don't play nicely, so I ran the Bootstrap first, went to Recovery, performed a backup, then did the Safeside thing. Seems to work out smoothly so far, and I have a nice backup to revert to in case of emergency.

Last edited:
OP
SDroidDawg

SDroidDawg

Reaction score
You cannot run eclipse 3.0 or any other ginger bread based roms on your safe side if you have the ics leak on your unsafe side. There are some roms that will run on safe side but eclipse is not one of them yet. Hopefully once the official ics is released we will see eclipse resurface in all its glory.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

So can you not run both a ginger bread based rom and ics leak when using SafeStrap? If that's the case, what about bootstrap?