SAFE MODE on Droid RAZR & RAZR MAXX...yep, it's a winner!

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Support' started by FoxKat, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Nealius

Nealius Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I believe I entered safe mode on my nexus before I was rooted. I can't do it now tho. Maybe a stock nexus could try this to confirm.

Sent from my GummyNex'd Galaxy Nexus!

2. FoxKat

FoxKat Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,270
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
    Good question, and I believe the answer is Yes, however I am testing now.

Update: Hidden apps remain hidden but still accessible through the Menu button while in the app tray. I don't know about removed apps for sure, but if you've deleted them from the phone, there would be no way I know of for them to suddenly reappear since the APK would not be included in the ROM, at least that's what I believe.

Another interesting development with Safe Mode though, is that even though the user-installed apps and widgets don't appear in the Home Screen or the app tray and don't start as services in the background, they are still visible in the Settings, Applications, Manage section. I find that quite interesting.

Another thing I discovered while in Safe Mode is that two widgets I run while in normal mode, and only run under LauncherPro are 3D Flip Clock & Calendar, and Circle Battery. Ironically, both of those widgets showed as running services and I was able to select "Stop" on their manage screens, yet the actual widgets were not displaying and are not available as a selection in the Widgets menu. I wonder how they got past the Safe Mode boot process. I suppose that when in Safe Mode, one should also go into Running Services and kill any known 3rd party widgets.

Another update. I rebooted, to allow the widgets to restart, and then rebooted again into Safe Mode. Sure enough, the two widgets, 3D Flip Clock & Calendar and Circle Battery were running as services. They were however the only 3rd party services I found running. So, we have yet another angle to troubleshoot with.

#14 FoxKat, Feb 3, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  3. FoxKat

FoxKat Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,270
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
    I agree, +1 for Like in DroidForums app too! That and a few other minor tweaks, such as simleys :D and the DroidForums app would be perfect.

4. SallyC

SallyC Senior Member

Ratings:
    +103
    DroidForums was the other app I looked at. But the apps support it in other forums, if they are using certain version and software types. I think the mods are looking into it. I just hope the answer is "yes, we can do it."

5. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Senior Member

Ratings:
    +61
    Thanks for reminding of this. I've used safe mode before to troubleshoot my Razr. I don't know why it keeps slipping my mind when attempting to help others in their troubleshooting. It sure beats the Ole' Factory Reset when it works.

6. phantom1969

phantom1969 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the "safe mode" tutorial.

Search tags for this page
droid maxx safe mode

droid razr maxx safe mode

droid razr safe mode

how to get droid razr maxx out of safe mode
how to get droid razr out of safe mode
how to put droid razr maxx in safe mode