Saddleback Leather small gadget pouch review

texasPI

Reaction score
First, the standard disclaimer: I am not affiliated with the company in any way. I was not paid nor did I receive anything in consideration for this review yada yada yada.

So, ever since I got my Droid in November of last year I've been searching for a high quality leather pouch. I've tried several over the last few months, including one from Sena, and have not been too satisfied. The Sena was by far my favorite of those I had tried but I didn't feel their cost was justified.

I've been an admirer of Saddleback Leather products for some time. I own two of their wallets and love their quality and inexpensive cost. They have excellent briefcases as well but I don't use one and as such I cannot justify buying one (as much as I want to). This past weekend Saddleback introduced a line of leather pouches (they're sleeves really) in small, medium, and large in four colors. I jumped on ordering a small in chestnut right away and I received it today. I love it and plan to order the other colors of this sleeve when they're back in stock.

At $19 + $8 shipping (yeah, I know it is steep) it is not expensive but the quality is top notch. The first hit to your senses, when you open the package, is the sweet leather scent. It reminds me of a boot store, if you've ever been in one, where the leather scent just smacks you in the face when you walk in. Saddleback claims to use only boot leather and that appears to be the case. The interior of the pouch is lined with pig skin and seems to be very durable. The leather itself is thick and the pouch will provide adequate protection from falls etc. A potential downside to it is that they are tight and somewhat stiff: however, after use it will loosen up and become more supple. One thing is certain, you can rest assured it will not accidentally slip out of the case! I experienced the same tightness/stiffness with my wallets when new but now they are broken in and beautiful. Also, the shipping is pricey but I received mine in two days via UPS and it was insured.

I'm tired of writing now so if you have any questions on something I did not cover, feel free to ask.

Here my Droid is pictured in the pouch.
DSC01180.JPG
DSC01195.JPG

You can check out more pics in my gallery.

tabraha

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I'm on the waiting list for a dark coffee one right now.

tabraha

Reaction score
I figured instead of a new thread I'd throw pictures of the dark coffee brown small gadget pouch in here as well. Mine is breaking in quite nicely and no doubt will outlast my Droid. Love it and it seems to garner comments at lunch quite frequently. I will be placing my order for the extra large briefcase shortly based upon the quality of the leather.

DSC04242.jpg

DSC04244.jpg

DSC04246.jpg

DSC04248.jpg

DSC04253.jpg

jimnutt

Reaction score
Even steeper price now, showing as $31 on the site. I'd be hard pressed to justify spending that much on a simple pouch.

GGPC

Reaction score
I got mine earlier this week and am trying to stretch it to fit the Droid with the Innocase.

stark23x

Reaction score
I couldn't help it. I had to buy one. That coffee brown is just amazing. I may end up with the matching front pocket wallet too.