Saddest day of my life

manningfan10

Reaction score
I was at my friends house to go swimming. Everyone was having a great time and screwing around and people started pushing other people in the pool and my friend's brother came and pushed me in with my droid in my pocket. I got it out immediately and took out the battery dried it off and put it in a bag of rice. I am leaving it there until tomarrow afternoon. This happened yesterday and it has been in a bag of rice since it happened. Haven't tried it yet, but praying to god it still works. :(

DP03

Reaction score
If that was the saddest day of your life, consider yourself a very lucky person........

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
If that was the saddest day of your life, consider yourself a very lucky person........

How True, I can send my ex-wife over......

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
hahaha, i see swimming I thought someone drown. But its a phone.

Also, I would give it about 3 days instead of one. Can never be too careful

DroidFan88

Reaction score
I was at my friends house to go swimming. Everyone was having a great time and screwing around and people started pushing other people in the pool and my friend's brother came and pushed me in with my droid in my pocket. I got it out immediately and took out the battery dried it off and put it in a bag of rice. I am leaving it there until tomarrow afternoon. This happened yesterday and it has been in a bag of rice since it happened. Haven't tried it yet, but praying to god it still works. :(

If you take the back off the phone, you will see a small hole above the battery to the left of the SD card area and the hole will be white with a red cross on it. If that is now pink, it signifies that your phone got wet and bringing it back to Verizon will most likely result in "this got wet so your warranty is invalid". It's worth a shot but doesn't sound very good.

iPirate

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss but the bag of rice is very funny.

I can see him being pushed, then getting out of the pool very concerned for his phone. Everyone feels his pain and he demands a bag of rice. Everyone is confused, and then he throws his phone in the bag of rice.
:icon_eek:

"Droidy is hungry after a long swim *nom* *nom* *nom*"

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Now you can get an iPhone. I wish I had.

never too late, the ios4 owners are extremely happy to have watered down features that is available even on the droid eris. Oh and I like how they have to either hold their phone a certain way or get a "bumper" to get a signal on an already horrible 3g network. But hey get you one, then come tell us how "happy" you are.

brando56894

Reaction score
wow that sucks man. I had two LG VX8300s and dropped them both in the toilet (one after the other).

The first one I took apart and put it on a heating vent, but it would only turn on if I had it plugged in and wouldnt turn on with just the battery, the mic also died. The second one I had also went into the toilet but this time (since it was summer) I placed it in the air conditioner vents and it worked perfectly from there on. I actually sold it to a friend later for like $20 lol I found the first one about a year later and just for the hell of it I tried to turn it on and to my surprise it worked!

I was pretty hammered last night and decided to bring my phone in the bathroom with me and then I had a sober thought was like "wait this is a bad idea, with my luck ill drop it in the toilet" so I left it sitting on the floor while I did my business lol