S8 Camera quick launch

Sherry

Reaction score
According to instructions, I have activated the Quick Launch option which should allow me to double press the power button to launch the camera. I can't get it to work. It just defaults me to the lock screen. Anyone else having this issue? I miss the double tap the home button option on the S7.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Sherry, go into your phone's settings then to "Advanced Features" and turn on "Quick Launch Camera."

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Oops, sorry Sherry. I missed that. I wonder if there is another app that is causing conflicts.

Yeti35

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8+ w/ a Tech 21 case
Motorola did the quick access way better imo. All I had to do with my turbo was twist the phone and the camera came on. Accessing the flashlight was better too. This is my first Samsung, while it is a nice phone, I feel Moto were doing some features better.

I'm with the OP, I don't always get it to work either.

pro krastn8r

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
galaxy s8
Are you trying to quick start the camera from a lock screen? I have a "camera button on my home screen, that I just tap once, for the camera. I feel like I'm missing something?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Are you trying to quick start the camera from a lock screen? I have a "camera button on my home screen, that I just tap once, for the camera. I feel like I'm missing something?
The latest Samsung phones (N5, S7, S8, etc) can quick start the camera from the lock screen by double tapping the home button. Motorola you can by shaking the phone. It is a great feature.

OP
Sherry

Sherry

Reaction score

Yeti35

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8+ w/ a Tech 21 case
The latest Samsung phones (N5, S7, S8, etc) can quick start the camera from the lock screen by double tapping the home button. Motorola you can by shaking the phone. It is a great feature.

Was more of a twist than a shake, at least on the Moto Turbo. Shake was how you got the flashlight to come on.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Was more of a twist than a shake, at least on the Moto Turbo. Shake was how you got the flashlight to come on.
Thanks. I was trying to remember. The only reason I was aware of it was because I watch my son miraculously turn on the camera and flashlight in seconds by moving his hands, lol! My response is always, "that is so cool!"