Solved S7 Edge SMS Attachment option

Ravenscrag 22

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7
I am wondering if i can add Dropbox to the list of files to pull an attachment from when texting?
I hope this question doesnt sound any more complicated than that.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Welcome to the forum! I see you figured out how to create a thread.

I'm not sure if it depends on the texting app you use, but here's what I have the option of doing on my Nexus 6P, using Google Messenger.

While writing a new text, I tap the paperclip icon to add media. Then, I tap the gallery icon (second from the left at the very bottom. Looks like a picture of mountains)
852e17809e60cd694307a7c293f61c6c.jpg

From there, I tap the BIG gallery icon (on the above screenshot, it's the big grayish blue button).

Once there, I tapped the 3 line menu near where it says Recent in the upper left. That brings out a menu where Dropbox is an option.
0f65f5c854b6b672010dbaea4a553841.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
R

Ravenscrag 22

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7
I am wondering if i can add Dropbox to the list of files to pull an attachment from when texting?
I hope this question doesnt sound any more complicated than that.
This did work almost the same way thanks very much, for the S7 when you click on your sms contact and click on the paper click the image (mountain) pic appears tap that icon and dropbox appears. so its one extra step but exactly what i was needing. Thanks for your help

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Not a problem! I actually didn't know this was possible until I got your PM about this issue and did some digging. That's why I suggested you create a thread, because I figured this could be valuable information for other folks as well!

Glad you got it sorted out!

Hope you'll stick around the forum for other needs/discussion!