S6 Active Rumor

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
That's a real battery. Now the question that I am left with is whether or not it will have a unibody as well. Did the last active have one?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
That's a real battery. Now the question that I am left with is whether or not it will have a unibody as well. Did the last active have one?

No. It had a removable back with a replaceable battery.

I'm pretty sure the S6 Active will be made from some different materials than the S6. It's tough to waterproof with the materials used in the S6/S6 Edge. I'm sure they'll try to incorporate some of the same design, but they'll ruggedize it like they did with the S4 Active and S5 Active.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
No. It had a removable back with a replaceable battery.

I'm pretty sure the S6 Active will be made from some different materials than the S6. It's tough to waterproof with the materials used in the S6/S6 Edge. I'm sure they'll try to incorporate some of the same design, but they'll ruggedize it like they did with the S4 Active and S5 Active.

I think they will go back to the plastic back, but not due to waterproofing. I think they will do it strictly for durability since a glass phone, for the Active demographic, makes no sense.

They could waterproof it easily enough as Sony has been doing so for quite some time with their all glass builds.

OP
bkdodger

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Plastic will be the way to go... From what I remember on other active it looks like a built in case... Plus bigger battery you don't to increase weight too much...

Tap'd by Big 6

OP
bkdodger

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Nothing yet except first rumors say At&t exclusive when launched..

Tapped by Big 6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Being that it was just released and Samsung & AT&T didn't let folks know about it until a few weeks beforehand, I'm sure those people that would have been interested in it, probably got locked into the S6 or other device.
Are you getting one @shinlee or do you have one already?

S5 tap'n

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I'd love a phone that I can take running but I somehow don't think it will hold up to water and mud.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
The active would be perfect in that situation. It still doesn't make sense to me why Samsung didn't continue the trend with keeping their IP67 rating on the S6.
We took a long wknd to Yellowstone National Park last year and it ended up raining non stop the whole time. It was a great test on our S5s because our phones got drenched. We took over 600 pictures between the two of us and we were extremely impressed with how well it stood up to the rain.
I can't imagine my next device not either being an "Active" version or having the IP67 rating.
I'm holding out for the S7 in the hopes that Sammy returns to their roots with IP67, ext sd cards & removable batteries.
(I know I know....but hey, I can dream!)

S5 tap'n

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I trail run which leads to mud, roots, climbing, river crossing etc. If you say it won't get damaged, I may need to drop my trusty maxx off.