S5 Wireless Charging Pad

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB

samsung_wireless_charging_pad-325x325.jpg

Wireless charging with this square Samsung pad should be a breeze and it will work with the S5, S4, and any other Qi-certified device. Plug it in, drop your phone on it, and make sure the LED is green to indicate charging is go. It’s not going to be as fast as a wall charger with Micro USB, and you’re going to have to get a charging cover for $30, but it saves you fiddling around with cables.

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Wireless is the only way to go. I had to replace a Rezound because the charging port got loose after a while from constantly plugging and unplugging the cable.

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
For me it's getting rid of the charges and wires.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Been considering this for some time now. Leave the pad by the bed for night time charging (when does isn't an issue) & cart the USB charger around for on-the-go charging.

Also considering a second battery for the note 4, because I know I'm gonna drain it like crazy when I first get it. Had 2 extended batteries for the gauzy Nexus & loved it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Been considering this for some time now. Leave the pad by the bed for night time charging (when does isn't an issue) & cart the USB charger around for on-the-go charging.

Also considering a second battery for the note 4, because I know I'm gonna drain it like crazy when I first get it. Had 2 extended batteries for the gauzy Nexus & loved it.

On my old Note orders Samsung sign up and register on site they sent coupon code up 50% off was able to get battery with charger ...maybe still run them ..

M8 tap'd

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
On my old Note orders Samsung sign up and register on site they sent coupon code up 50% off was able to get battery with charger ...maybe still run them ..

M8 tap'd
I seem to remember something similar when I bought the s4. Might have to jump on that this time around...

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
The S3 has a similar setup. My S3 was still running great before I upgraded but the charging port was shot. The usb cable had to be positioned just right in order to charge properly. I sold it to a buddy on the S3 forums, he put Qi back cover on it and has been using it successfully ever since.

tap'n on my S5

bigmatt503

Reaction score
Been using wireless charging on my s5 for a while now and couldn't imagine not having it.
And yes, it works with most cases... Keep in mind that a lot of case will not fit over the thicker wireless charging back...

Sent from my rooted Verizon galaxy s5

Reactions: cr6

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
They have qi receivers that fit in between the factory back cover and the battery. That way you use the original cover that came with your phone. They are $10-$15 on Amazon. I use one on my Note 3 since the qi pad was built into my car.

wcjeep

Reaction score
I had the inserts on our S3's. Tried inserts on our S5's. The brand I tried created heat with little charging. Tried the factory wireless charge back on our S5's. The Samsung charge back works great. I using the Belkin Airprotect case from Best Buy.

With the S3's, wireless charging was possible through a Lifeproof Nuud and Otterbox Defender.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I have the Spiegen Neo Hybrid case which is super thin. I've never used an Otterbox so I'm not sure if it would charge through it or not.