S5 battery suddenly rapidly depleting, please HELP!

Gomo

Reaction score
So this phone is maybe a month old now and I heard the low battery beep for the first time. Some of you may have seen my initial comments of this battery lasting DAYS w/o charging and going through some pretty heavy use. I thought I had just charged it, but plugged it in and fully charged before bed. I did the usual close aps and put it on airplane mode overnight and woke up to a battery at 51%! WTF? I charged it up and after 5 hours of light usage I was at 30%! I haven't downloaded any new aps, was at home with wifi on as usual as well. I checked aps, battery settings etc and nothing unusual running or drawing power and then removed/replaced the battery and rebooted. Looks like I'm still losing about 5% battery every 20 minutes when not being used. PLEASE HELP!

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Based on your explanation there could be 2 problems, maybe 3. If you are using a microSD card it could be corrupt. You could have some really messed up cache. You could try cleaning it with Clean Master, or a factory reset might help. There is also a possibility you have a bum battery.

OP
G

Gomo

Reaction score
Based on your explanation there could be 2 problems, maybe 3. If you are using a microSD card it could be corrupt. You could have some really messed up cache. You could try cleaning it with Clean Master, or a factory reset might help. There is also a possibility you have a bum battery.

Cleared the cash and did a reset. Seems fine now, from a full charge when I originally posted to now I'm at 81%. Seems about right. WTF?...don't know what happened. :question:

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Cleared the cash and did a reset. Seems fine now, from a full charge when I originally posted to now I'm at 81%. Seems about right. WTF?...don't know what happened. :question:

Glad you got it resolved.

wcjeep

Reaction score
In the past I've had problems with Google +. There have been problems in the past with the Google Playstore. Have you looked to see what app was causing excessive battery use?