1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

S5 battery suddenly rapidly depleting, please HELP!

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S5 Discussions' started by Gomo, May 25, 2014.

1. Gomo

Gomo New Member

So this phone is maybe a month old now and I heard the low battery beep for the first time. Some of you may have seen my initial comments of this battery lasting DAYS w/o charging and going through some pretty heavy use. I thought I had just charged it, but plugged it in and fully charged before bed. I did the usual close aps and put it on airplane mode overnight and woke up to a battery at 51%! WTF? I charged it up and after 5 hours of light usage I was at 30%! I haven't downloaded any new aps, was at home with wifi on as usual as well. I checked aps, battery settings etc and nothing unusual running or drawing power and then removed/replaced the battery and rebooted. Looks like I'm still losing about 5% battery every 20 minutes when not being used. PLEASE HELP!
  2. leeshor

leeshor Super Moderator Staff Member

Based on your explanation there could be 2 problems, maybe 3. If you are using a microSD card it could be corrupt. You could have some really messed up cache. You could try cleaning it with Clean Master, or a factory reset might help. There is also a possibility you have a bum battery.
  3. Gomo

Gomo New Member

Cleared the cash and did a reset. Seems fine now, from a full charge when I originally posted to now I'm at 81%. Seems about right. WTF?...don't know what happened. :question:
  4. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Glad you got it resolved.
  5. leeshor

leeshor Super Moderator Staff Member

Glad it worked......
  6. wcjeep

wcjeep Member

In the past I've had problems with Google +. There have been problems in the past with the Google Playstore. Have you looked to see what app was causing excessive battery use?
Search tags for this page
for the samsung galaxy s5 battery be depleted before chargin
galaxy s5 flash player
galaxy s5 sudden battery drain

s5 battery dropping extremely fast

samsung galaxy s5 battery drain suddenly

samsung s5 battery drain

sudden battery drain samsung s5
update for samsung s5 battery drain