S3 Wi-fi connection issue

Comptrgeek

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
All all, having (within the last week) issues with my wifi connection. It continually scans and re-connects draining my battery very fast. Anyone have any thoughts? I have done a battery pull, a factory reset, checked router settings etc. Still having issues. Any help would be great.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I feel your problem is the router but the only way to tell for sure is to go to a public WiFi hotspot to see if you still have the problem.

OP
Comptrgeek

Comptrgeek

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Ill give that a shot and see. Thank u for the tip

wcjeep

Reaction score
One of my home routers started doing this to all devices. Updated the router to latest factory firmware. No more problems.

soycoffee

Reaction score
All all, having (within the last week) issues with my wifi connection. It continually scans and re-connects draining my battery very fast. Anyone have any thoughts? I have done a battery pull, a factory reset, checked router settings etc. Still having issues. Any help would be great.
When I discovered the possibilities of wifi for my Galaxy phone, I went to play.google.com/wifi, downloaded a number of wifi apps, and played around with them. Since then my phone (for unrelated reasons) is dysfunctional, but among those I downloaded, that worked well, was an app that would turn off wifi when it was not being used.