s3 users with family shared plan

Lady_DroidX

Reaction score
Hi wanted to no more or less how many gb of data you are using a month? I have 6 gb of data on my plan with two other phones another Droid x and a Droid 2. I will be upgrading and I just want to make sure this 4g s3 is not going to kill my data

nuch14150

Reaction score
Data

I have two SG3's and one iPhone 4S. We have been staying under 4gb every month with heavy games and Facebook useage. Get the 6gb and you can drop down at any time with no fee. Monitor it for two months or so. The difference in p,ans from 4 to 6 is only $10.

Beka27

Reaction score
Last month I was at 3gb, my husband was at 8gb. This is more than double what we were using on 3g. For us, our 4g usage has greatly increased.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Generally, your data usage is going to go up if you're moving from using 3g to 4g just because you can do things much faster with 4g so you tend to do more.

If you use Wi-Fi whenever possible and only turn on your data when you actually need/want to use it, it will minimize your data use.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Semaj

Reaction score
I have the 10g plan with two GS3's. I average 6-8g per month streaming music and Hot Spot for my tablet and laptop on occasion while at work/away from home. I have the 10g as a cushion just in case.

OP
Lady_DroidX

Lady_DroidX

Reaction score
Wow ty good to no so I will need to upgrade then

jwilly216

Reaction score
I generally use about 30 gigs per month on a light usage month. The Verizon reps told make to cherish my unlimited data and never give it up because I use more than anyone they've ever seen

arrndroid

Reaction score
3gb on a heavy month.
Got a 4gb plan split between my S3 and dad's 4s, I get 2-3 he gets 1. Haven't gone over yet.
I definitely use more data on 4G, espically since it is faster then most WiFi. Unfortunately there isn't a super solid 4g network yet.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is guy on this forum who uses 100 GIGS a month:icon_eek:, guess he does not meet the family share plan, LOL:blink:

OP
Lady_DroidX

Lady_DroidX

Reaction score
All I do no is I miss my unlimited like crazy. With 3 phones on my account I almost touched 5gb for the month. That's with my Droid x this s3 is going to put a hole in my pocket

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Not on the family share plan, but i use between 10 and 15 GB a month. My brother just got the Razr M and lost his unlimited data. The rep told him he only needed 2 gb but he used almost all of that within a few days. He bumped up to the 5 GB plan. I explained to my brother that just because he never used much data before, isn't an indication of how much data you will use once you have a phone that can really take advantage of 4G speeds. He was coming from the original Droid.

OP
Lady_DroidX

Lady_DroidX

Reaction score
Rageboardr said:
Not on the family share plan, but i use between 10 and 15 GB a month. My brother just got the Razr M and lost his unlimited data. The rep told him he only needed 2 gb but he used almost all of that within a few days. He bumped up to the 5 GB plan. I explained to my brother that just because he never used much data before, isn't an indication of how much data you will use once you have a phone that can really take advantage of 4G speeds. He was coming from the original Droid.

Its crazy Verizon told me the same crap. Oh between all of ur lines it never goes over 3gb now I'm doing just 3 gb myself.

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Its crazy Verizon told me the same crap. Oh between all of ur lines it never goes over 3gb now I'm doing just 3 gb myself.
Yep, its frustrating when the customers know more than the Verizon reps, but it seems to be happening more and more. Whats worse is when you ask the rep a question about a specific phone, and they go and start reading the tag to you. If the answer was on the tag, i wouldn't have asked the question. As if we don't know how to read. That's what makes these forums so great. People who know what they are talking about.