S3 New

kodemaniam

Reaction score
Hi everyone, its been quite a while since my last post on here but next month I am getting an s3. Are there any issues I should know that would deter me from buying this phone? Also is there a ROM out there that is stable and has everything working? Thanks a lot for any replies!

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
There are tons of ROMs to choose from. As for issues, don't freak out if you hear people talk about a screen cracking. Extremely uncommon and unlikely. Some have weaker reception than in the past, but for the most part nobody says it drops, just not as many "bars." Other than that issues have been either user error or already addressed with an update.

Every phone has issues. Comparatively, the GS3 seems to have less, and it should only improve over time. I LOVE mine. I don't even care about what's coming out in the future anymore because I'm still enthralled with this device. That's never happened before with me and cell phones...

music life

Reaction score
I just got mine today. So far 4G has been great. No less than 3 bars where ever i go in town. Full bars at my house.

Its a great device. You can't go wrong. Screen is amazing. Camera is amazing and the camera is huge for me as i take a lot of photos and videos.

Not sure about roms yet. But not sure i am gonna rom tbh. Thing runs like a champ as is.

As for screen issues. Well only time will tell on that subject. I pray i dont have that issue but one never knows. I do know that tons of were buying S3's when i went into best buy to buy mine. Maybe bc they are on sale for $150 there(16g)

But i also saw some iphone returns :p

Hope it helps. Loving every min of my S3 :icon_ banana:

jgmecarter

Reaction score
The S3 is a great device. But if you are waiting until next month you might want to check out the galaxy note 2. It has all the same features as the S3 but with a 5.5 inch screen and a S pen. It also comes with a quad core processor and 2 gigs of ram. I love my S3 and it is by far the best phone that I have ever owned but I will be buying the note 2 the second that it comes out. The galaxy note 2 is pretty much a galaxy S3 on steroids

music life

Reaction score
Yeah 5.5 screen would be nice. But also to much imo. I was playing with the note 1 while waiting to buy my s3 and there is no way i could use it for everyday things. Id have to leave it places while i work which just doesnt cut it. For someone at a desk or that just doesnt need it to ever be in a pocket it may be sweet. But any construction or hands on jobs i would think the massive screen would get in the way. But thats just my opinion.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
music life said:
Yeah 5.5 screen would be nice. But also to much imo. I was playing with the note 1 while waiting to buy my s3 and there is no way i could use it for everyday things. Id have to leave it places while i work which just doesnt cut it. For someone at a desk or that just doesnt need it to ever be in a pocket it may be sweet. But any construction or hands on jobs i would think the massive screen would get in the way. But thats just my opinion.

The phone is not for everyone. But a lot of the reviews say that the note 2 is more pocketable than the note 1. The note is not as big as people think when you compare it to the S3 it is bigger but not as much as most people think. A lot of the people say that you can not tell that much of a difference between the S3 and the note two when it comes to handling the two devices. But I also think that the S3 or the note 2 are two phones that you do not want on you when you are working a job like construction. But then again any smartphone that you have would have a good chance of getting broke on a construction site.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Only reason I could justify 5.5in is for that S-Pen, which sounds pretty cool. I could really use that at times. But I dunno, just seems a bit much. This 4.8in is like...perfect for me. And I have pretty big hands...

OP
K

kodemaniam

Reaction score
The galaxy note 2 doesnt come until november though. Im gonna be upgrading mid-october. I dont want to wait :( And also I cant see myself using the note 2 as a phone. I mean holding that thing up to my face would be comical lol

mlewis76

Reaction score
kodemaniam said:
Hi everyone, its been quite a while since my last post on here but next month I am getting an s3. Are there any issues I should know that would deter me from buying this phone? Also is there a ROM out there that is stable and has everything working? Thanks a lot for any replies!

I have had my s3 for a month and I love it. Unfortunately US cellular doesn't have 4g where I live yet, but it's still fast. The only thing that's strange from other androids is the power button being on the side rt across from the volume buttons. So sometimes both get pressed..I do not root my phones because im scared of bricking it and voiding the warranty, so I got the 32 gb n just used a 16 gb sd card I had from my tablet n I just formatted it. Couldn't afford to buy one after spending 350 on an upgrade. There are a lot of awesome apps for this phone. Enjoy it.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are tons of ROMs to choose from. As for issues, don't freak out if you hear people talk about a screen cracking. Extremely uncommon and unlikely. Some have weaker reception than in the past, but for the most part nobody says it drops, just not as many "bars." Other than that issues have been either user error or already addressed with an update.

Every phone has issues. Comparatively, the GS3 seems to have less, and it should only improve over time. I LOVE mine. I don't even care about what's coming out in the future anymore because I'm still enthralled with this device. That's never happened before with me and cell phones...

u fell in love with a smartphone and I'm jealous lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
We're sleeping together too. After I wear it down I insert my power plug into its receptacle.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
so that's how u fill it up lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk