S3 might not be around long.

toperm

Reaction score
Got S3 last night. 1X in our area! Not good. Calls not so great either. Maxx might be happening soon..

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
It's definitely not a Motorola phone... I'm tempted to go back to my razr myself... Its a way better phone and grabs great 4G where the Samsung is stuck on slow 3g or no g...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

arrndroid

Reaction score
I live in a fringe area and it is noticeably better at holding a signal or phone call then my droid 2. If I hold the phones next to each other they have the exact same dBm reading.
Your results may vary, but I feel there is some negativity toward this phone just because the nexus was bad.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
The Rezound and it's immediate competitors are all great phones, all with minor flaws.

I've said it many times before, it comes down to many factors on which phone is best for you. The Design, your geographical area (Mountains, Valleys, Atmospheric Conditions, etc), and tower locations among others. So right now, there is NO 'Best' phone.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I also live in a fringe area and nothing but Motorola phones give me great reception. I have tried the G'Nex and the SIII and neither come anywhere close to the reception of my Maxx and past Moto devices.

JoeeDB

Reaction score
I'm thinking about returning my S3 too. Got it a week ago today and only seeing a maximum of 2 bars in my house just isn't gonna cut it for me, especially living right in the middle of town.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
No problem with 4G LTE speeds or call connections and quality for me with my S3, yes bars are only at 3 sometimes 4, but phone still flies. All you people with reception issues, it's called 4G LTE and that it is still in it's infancy, and issues are still beign worked out, it's a work in progress for the Telcos ,phone manufacturers, to chip manufacturers.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Moto devices also reboot randomly.

I'm not sure what Motorola devices you've had, but I've had several, and they've consistently been the most stable out of all the devices from various manufacturers that I've owned. They also consistently have the best reception. That's not to say that they're perfect, but they're pretty darn good.

The S3 has the best reception, and is the most stable, of all of the Samsung Android devices I've had. But it still falls short of most Motorola and HTC devices I've owned in both of those categories.

But Shadez is entirely right. Design, conditions and location all play a huge roll in the reception you'll see.

kparks

Reaction score
bsweetness said:
I'm not sure what Motorola devices you've had, but I've had several, and they've consistently been the most stable out of all the devices from various manufacturers that I've owned. They also consistently have the best reception. That's not to say that they're perfect, but they're pretty darn good.

The S3 has the best reception, and is the most stable, of all of the Samsung Android devices I've had. But it still falls short of most Motorola and HTC devices I've owned in both of those categories.

But Shadez is entirely right. Design, conditions and location all play a huge roll in the reception you'll see.

Absolutely 100% couldn't agree more! He possibly had a droid x they had some reboot issues but the razr line has been good and the only HTC with that problem was the Thunderbolt but it got straightened out and did not affect everyone the tbolt still the best phone I ever owned... But I agree s3 falls short in almost everything when compared to Moto or htc!

skennelly

Reaction score

My last Motorola device was the worst device I've owned. The reception was fine, but it was plagued with all kinds of bugs. I had to get it replaced 3 times because of all its problems. It had random reboots, it would get stuck in boot loops, camera would only show a black screen, physical camera button quit working, and on and on. When the camera did work, it took forever to load, and even longer to take a picture. Did I mention that this was the worst phone I've ever owned?

Sent from my unlocked GTab 2 running CM10

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Absolutely 100% couldn't agree more! He possibly had a droid x they had some reboot issues but the razr line has been good and the only HTC with that problem was the Thunderbolt but it got straightened out and did not affect everyone the tbolt still the best phone I ever owned... But I agree s3 falls short in almost everything when compared to Moto or htc!

I wouldn't say the S3 falls short in almost everything. Compared to most HTC devices, and all Motorola devices, the S3 has a better (and larger) screen. The performance of the S3 is at the head of the pack among devices in the U.S., thanks in part to the 2GB of RAM. The camera blows away the camera on every Motorola device, and it tops every HTC device save for the One series. The battery doesn't come close to the MAXX, but it holds its own against any other LTE device, and has the advantage of being removable.

At the end of the day, each device has its pros and cons. If I were the type of person who kept the same phone for an entire 2 year contract, personally, I would have stuck with the MAXX (which is the best smartphone I've ever owned). I think it's the best all-around phone on Verizon right now for a variety of reasons (the most important ones being reception and battery life). But since I trade off phones every 2-3 months, I was impressed enough by the S3 to keep it for a bit and sell the MAXX. The deal-breaker on the S3 would have been if it had reception like the Galaxy Nexus, Charge, and Stratosphere. All three of those were nothing but paperweights for much of time I owned them because of their inability to maintain a signal, even in strong areas. But the S3 has held a signal quite well in comparison. Again, it's not up to the level of Motorola or HTC, but it's better than Samsung's previous offerings on Verizon.

There's a lot to love about the S3. You just have to figure out what's most important to you, and then go with the phone that fits your needs/wants the best.