s3 memory and signal problems

greenpanda

Reaction score
I have a re accuring problem with my phone following its return from Samsung after I had a problem with ‘encryption failure’ . My phone arrived back ‘clean’ and repaired from Samsung under warranty.* Since then I have had the same problem twice now and after a factory reset I have it again.* My girlfriend has the same phone and network (Vodafone) and her reception is fine.

Basically the signal starts to drop out after a couple of minutes no matter where I am and I get emergency calls only.* I started to get a message the 1sttime this started to happen (storage space running out but looking at the applications manager on downloads its saying I am using around 11Gigs but I cant be? The apps I have were similar to my girlfriends at 3 gigs and there was no way I can possibly have used as much memory as this.* I don’t watch or download films and just do basic internet surfing.* In the end I factory reset the phone and reloaded the apps I use.* The memory went back to 3 gigs and everything was fine. 2 months on I’m getting signal drop out and looking at the downloads and apps running I see I am using over 11 gigs again but I have not downloaded anything significant now.* The RAM is around 600 so that looks OK.

So what is the problem?* Do I have a virus or is there something happening in the background in my phone thats storing memory?* I have sorted the programs in memory size order and the biggest is my gallery which is 70 megs?

I’m reluctant to do another factory reset and have a new SIM to try but I’m looking for more info and a fix

Can you help please

wcjeep

Reaction score
The full memory issue sounds like the Lost.dir folder is filling up. My old Droid X would do this. I learned to just clear this folder occasionally. I think the folder would fill up because of shut down errors. Can't help with the signal errors. Maybe take screen shots of actual signal level and present to your provider?

OP
G

greenpanda

Reaction score
lost.dir. can't find it

The full memory issue sounds like the Lost.dir folder is filling up. My old Droid X would do this. I learned to just clear this folder occasionally. I think the folder would fill up because of shut down errors. Can't help with the signal errors. Maybe take screen shots of actual signal level and present to your provider?

Thanks 4 this. Can see the lost.dir in the external SD card which is forty but not the internal memory. Can u tell me where this is please?