s3 extended battery

jwilly216

Reaction score
BuccoDroid said:
Thanks for the link to Gorilla Gadgets. I found a dual battery/phone charger for the S3 somewhat like one I had for HTC Incredible and Rezound. Now I can charge my standard battery along with the extended battery I have in the phone and carry around a spare battery just in case.

I bought that same charger on Amazon for $5

Newps

Reaction score
How reliable are these after market batteries? I'm looking at one on eBay by "sporting persistence " which is standard size, 2800mah,nfc, and 20$.

Will it work???

I also bought the Hyperion from Amazon, $25 delivered. Love it. I am typically at about 20% after 20 hours.

Wopback

Reaction score
Newps said:
I also bought the Hyperion from Amazon, $25 delivered. Love it. I am typically at about 20% after 20 hours.

What's the mah on it? Does it have NFC?

Thanks

lostsouls70

Reaction score
BuccoDroid said:
Thanks for the link to Gorilla Gadgets. I found a dual battery/phone charger for the S3 somewhat like one I had for HTC Incredible and Rezound. Now I can charge my standard battery along with the extended battery I have in the phone and carry around a spare battery just in case.

Thanks for adding the link I just bought one for 19.99 not bad

Wopback

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info. I'm going to look at those. My only concern is the added bulk to phone.

I may get the slim 2800mah one. Not sure yet.......

HNettles

Reaction score
I do not want one of the really big 4200 mah batteries. It looks like they add considerably to the overall size/weight of the phone. If I could get a high quality battery, which would fit with the regular back (thus the phone is no bigger overall), I would be quite interested. 2800 or 2900 would be a significant improvement, but only if this were a high quality battery, and the numbers were for real. Buying a no-name product, out of Hong Kong, it could easily say 2900 mah and in reality be no better, or even worse, than the original 2100 mah battery.

MailboxHead

Reaction score
I do not want one of the really big 4200 mah batteries. It looks like they add considerably to the overall size/weight of the phone. If I could get a high quality battery, which would fit with the regular back (thus the phone is no bigger overall), I would be quite interested. 2800 or 2900 would be a significant improvement, but only if this were a high quality battery, and the numbers were for real. Buying a no-name product, out of Hong Kong, it could easily say 2900 mah and in reality be no better, or even worse, than the original 2100 mah battery.

Ditto. I lugged around a TBolt with a big fat extended battery for 18 months, not looking to ruin the lines of my pretty phone with its pretty pretty case. I had really hoped that Seidio or someone would have come out with a slim extended battery by now, but I haven't found any from anyone reputable. If anyone has found one or has good luck, please share!

Wopback

Reaction score
HNettles said:

In the same boat. There's one on eBay that's 2800, standard size, with nfc. I'm trying to research what I can. I'll post what I find or if I get it...

Amazon doesn't have slim batteries with higher mah

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
^^Please do

There is an OEM slim extended with 2300mhz. So it's only a 100mhz improvement but...I guess they thought it was enough.

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
I read on the xda forums that someone posted Samsung is releasing a oem 3000mah battery for the galaxy s3. Hopefully at the end of the year.

Kmad55

Reaction score
Sorry but if you want more Mah out of a battery then your battery is going to be larger and heavier.. Im talkin 3600-4600Mah, theres no way around it..Its not a big deal with the extended battery cover and weight.. Feels like you have some substance!

HNettles

Reaction score
Yes, it is a big deal, to me anyway. I am coming from an HTC Rezound. The extended battery for the Rezound made a big difference in the size / shape /weight of the phone, and I did not like it. The good news is, so far, the S3 with the OEM battery is doing better than the Rezound with the extended battery.

I really like how slim and light weight this phone is. I almost went with the Razr Maxx HD, just to have a bigger battery and still be (fairly) slim and light weight.