S20 FE - Internet Question

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S20,S20+,S20 Ultra, Samsung Z Flip' started by nia07, Nov 15, 2020.

1. nia07

nia07 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
    When setting up the FE for my guy (who is coming from a S5!! and not techy at all!) in the initial set up, I saw samsung come up but did not know it was for the samsung browser right away and it looks like that is what it is using to open things... we need Google only so I need to get that off so there is no confusion for him as he needs to signin to some stupid Covid19 verification thing before getting into his building at work. I need it to be on google so I can save passwords and everything for him there. When he used it the past few days it did open in samsung, he had to answer a few things and he did and I now see it in the history it used samsung. How do I change that? I want to get samsung cleared out and disabled and only use google. If he gets to work and the logon permissions or anything is other than straight forward, he will lose his mind and not know how to fix it. I am just not sure how far I went in set up, at one point I realized it was the browser but obviously that was to late. Any help would be great. I have a S7 Edge so that is the latest I know of these galaxies, but I can get around and learn no problem (not that I want to lol !!)

Thanks!!

2. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +13,898
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 4XL
    Somewhere in Settings is usually an option to Reset App Preferences. Then when you open Chrome for the first time it should ask if you want to make Chrome your default > select Yes (or whatever the option is in the screen).

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. bkdodger

bkdodger Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +7,576
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 10+
    Exactly.. Settings/Apps/Samsung Internet /clear default.. Then select Chrome and set to always next time you go into browser..

• Like Like x 1
  4. Caelan Beake

Caelan Beake Member

Ratings:
    +28
    Current Phone Model:
    samsung note 2
    1. On your Android, find Google settings in one of these places (depending on your device): Open your device's Settings app. Scroll down and select Google. ...
    2. Tap Apps.
    3. Open your default apps: In the top-right, tap Settings . Under 'Default', tap Browser app. ...
    4. Tap Chrome .