S Voice on S3 does not work with Toyota and Lexus bluetooth handsfree/navigation 6.1

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by waltp, Aug 16, 2012.

1. waltp

waltp New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    S Voice on my Galaxy S3 does not work when paired with my Toyota hands free / navigation V 6.1, found on many Toyotas and Lexus for model years 2007-2010. I had no issues with my BlackBerry Storm, but I cannot voice dial and use the car's hands free feature with my new S3. S Voice works fine when bluetooth is disabled or when not paired with the hands free/nav. I have disabled the voice commands in the car, but that didn't work. To make matters worse, Toyota does not allow many nav functions to be performed while the car is moving, including pairing devices. So, I cannot disable the bluetooth, voice dial, then reactivate the blue tooth AND re-pair the S3 unless I stop the car. I am a traveling saleman with over 1000 contacts, living in a state that requires hands free cell phone operation. I would rather be able to use the hands free than voice dial, but manually looking up contacts while driving is dangerous. An easy fix is to use a stand alone headset, but there are many advantages to using the hands free built into the car. I have notified Samsung about the issue, but they cannot promise if or when a fix will be made.

2. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +287
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 3
    Welcome to Droid Forums. Sorry to hear you are having problems, hopefully you will be able to get a solution in no time.

3. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,022
    Current Phone Model:
    Z Force / Nexus 6P
    Twitter:
    smalltownlife13
    Hello and welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear about your issue but hopefully other Toyota / Lexus owners will offer any workarounds or suggestions as well...

4. SFGate

SFGate Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to the site. DancingNexus

Search tags for this page

does s voice work on blue tooth in car

galaxy s4 svoice bluetooth problem
hooking s4 bluetooth up to toyota tundra

how to connect s3 to lexus

my galaxy s3 does not work with my voice dialing in my car

s voice does not work with bluetooth