S.S 4.7 My Bug Report so Far Feel Free To Add ones I Missed

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by WoZzY, Aug 24, 2010.

1. WoZzY

WoZzY The GRD Dev Team Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    Chevy Fantastic Rom AS usual but just wanted to bring up some bugs I have noticed

BUG REPORT :

1.FC on virtual Keyboard

2.I have set CPU installed but I notice when I have a lot going on in the phones background I notice every so often screen freezes/Random Reboots

Those are the bugs I have noticed & before anyone says that it is the kernel I have tried all of Chevys kernels with no solutions,I also have fixed permissions ok just Heads up chevy

Thanks for the great work keep it up

P.s hope if they get the boot loader unlocked for the droid x you will be a developer

2. thegreen

thegreen New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having an issue that I haven't seen mentioned, so maybe it's just me...
    When I use the physical keyboard, the shift and alt keys lock on and need to be turned off manually. For instance, if I capitalize a letter (name, start a sentence, etc) I need to hit 'shift' again to stop typing caps- so basically, 'shift' is now a 'caps lock' and 'alt' is now an 'alt lock'; it'll keep typing numbers and symbols until I turn it off.
    Before I updated to 4.7 (from 4.6) these keys only locked when I double tapped them.
    Does anyone else have this problem, or is it just me?

3. opeth2112

opeth2112 New Member

Ratings:
    +0

I had that as well. I also noticed the & on the Droid 2 MT Keyboard is showing up as text and not the symbol - not sure if it's just me or not, but it was there after a non-wipe and and wipe load.

4. driodman

driodman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    battery life is not that great on 4.7

5. jbrtzfldr

jbrtzfldr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Number two is definitely a kernel issue. If you're trying to do too much, your phone might not be able to handle it. Try a lower speed or different voltage. Even try P3Droid's kernels, those are what work for me. Not all kernels work on all phones, you just have to find what's right.

And the FC on virtual keyboard is not a bug in 4.7. Otherwise this would be reported widely. Again, probably your kernel.

6. y0rk

y0rk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    if you are using the Droid 2 kb make sure you have the latest copy of it installed. There have been multiple issues reported due to that kb

7. kpmoore

kpmoore New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This.

Phone calls especially seem to drain the hell out of my battery (responsible for ~75% battery usage at the end of most days.)

8. beatboiii

beatboiii New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I second the voice calls battery life. I just made a quick 10 minute phone call and my battery shot down to 90%. I had just unplugged it from a full charge prior to making it. On my battery use it says voice calls has used 42% of my battery.

9. akrish

akrish New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    anyone having trouble with the flash player. everything plays kinda slow with chopped and screwed(or slow and low) audio

10. thegreen

thegreen New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    After some further investigation, I found that this is NOT a bug in the ROM, but that the droid 2 mt keyboard is not compatable with the droid 1. I don't know why the soft keyboard affects the physical one, but it does. I solved the problem by replacing it with Better Keyboard.

11. vmukund

vmukund Member

Ratings:
    +0
    same issue with mine. Any one find out why the voicecalls drain more battery??

12. steveff4

steveff4 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I unfortunately have to agree that I'm not as happy with the battery life with 4.7 as I was with running one of the Froyo 2.2 lv kernels. Maybe I'll re-install the 1.2lv kernel on top of 4.7.

I also ran into a small problem with the camera. I could use the camera just fine, but when I tried to exit, the app would appear to hang. Then, after a few seconds, it would look like it closed and then re-opened. If I hit home again, it would then go back to the home. Strange...

13. kcZ

kcZ New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I no longer get notifications about messages on Google Voice. Prior to 4.7, I was running BB and getting notifications nearly as quick as messages arrived. Now I have to manually refresh Voice every so often to see if I have a message.

14. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Only one prroblem Camera FC. No i'm not on EVO theme. Everything else, Top Notch!

15. turdbogls

turdbogls Active Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I am having some randome issues with apps not wanting to install. They download just fine but don't install...could this be a kernal issue?

Also I am having slow "redraws" of home screens when coming from the clock app especially as well as the browser...the first couple days were really quick but it seems to slow down after using it for a couple days