S Pen alert

musicmelanie3

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Has anyone else experienced an issue with their S Pen alert option not responding. I've purposely detached the pen & walked away with the phone on several occasions but the GN2 never beeped nor was there a pop-up alert on the phone. Any thoughts?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Droid Forums

corki2

Reaction score
Do you have S-Pen Keeper enabled in S-Pen settings? Mine works fine.
Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
It works based upon the movement of the phone (coupled with the fact that the S-Pen isn't inserted in the phone), so depending on how you're carrying the phone, it may not detect that you're moving.

I've also found that the time it takes for the phone to alert you about the S-Pen can vary greatly. I've never left my S-Pen laying anywhere accidentally, but I have tested the alert feature. Most of the time, it would go off within 10 or 15 seconds. But sometimes I could walk around my house for 2 or 3 minutes before it would alert me.

It's a great feature, but given the manner in which it's implemented, it can be hit or miss.

OP
musicmelanie3

musicmelanie3

Reaction score
I made sure that S Pen keeper was enabled and that my phone wasn't on silent. I walked around maybe 45-60 secs. I'll work with it some more. Thanks everyone!

OP
musicmelanie3

musicmelanie3

Reaction score
It works based upon the movement of the phone (coupled with the fact that the S-Pen isn't inserted in the phone), so depending on how you're carrying the phone, it may not detect that you're moving.

I've also found that the time it takes for the phone to alert you about the S-Pen can vary greatly. I've never left my S-Pen laying anywhere accidentally, but I have tested the alert feature. Most of the time, it would go off within 10 or 15 seconds. But sometimes I could walk around my house for 2 or 3 minutes before it would alert me.

It's a great feature, but given the manner in which it's implemented, it can be hit or miss.

It works. I guess I was expecting the alert to go off almost immediately. But it does eventually work. Thanks for your input!

OP
musicmelanie3

musicmelanie3

Reaction score

I guess I was expecting the alert to go off almost immediately but it does eventually work. Thanks for your input!