S G3 can't send emails or reply

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S3' started by melonline, Aug 22, 2013.

1. melonline

melonline New Member

I have had my G3 for over a year, no problems. Two email accounts are go daddy and one gmail. They have been working until about two weeks ago when trying to reply the replys started failing. They just say failed and then server failure. Nothing has changed on my phones settings. Today I can no longer send an e-mail at all. As you might guess this is a huge problem; Your help is appreciated.
  2. leeshor

leeshor DF Super Moderator Staff Member

I suggest going to the mail app in the app mgr, (all) and clearing the cache, then restarting. If that's a no go also clear the settings and restart but you may need to set it up again.
  3. melonline

melonline New Member

It was the new Google Gmail app that was blocking me, after reviewing the app and saying yes to all it's "this is how you do this now" and using the app with my gmail account which I had been using in the "Other" Email app. All my sending and replying problems have resolved. I changed NOTHING but activating the New Gmail app. which I don't really want to use but I guess will be forced to use.
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  4. leeshor

You can use any of dozens of apps for G-Mail. You aren't bound to the G-Mail app.
  5. melonline

melonline New Member

I had my 2 godaddy, and gmail setup in "Other" email program. I had never opened the Gmail icon for the 8+months I've had my phone. But when Google rolled out their new email program it blocked my sending emails. When I opened it and went through it's opening screen saying yes to all it's new functions and it registered the gmail account, I was then able to send email from all my accounts; miraculously. It was a Verizon tech/forum person who (without saying it was the google app) suggested that I open Gmail and use it with my gmail account and miraculously all accounts started working without any changes to any of the email accounts.
  6. leeshor

That's so strange that something must have changed without your knowledge. There is no way that anything that happens to the or with the Google G-Mail app should affect any other mail app. Strange indeed. Must have been another VZW thingy. :biggrin:
Search tags for this page

can't send email from galaxy s3

can't send email from samsung galaxy s3
cannot send email from samsung galaxy s3

email sending failed galaxy s3

galaxy s3 email sending failed

galaxy s3 wont send email

how do i reply to an email on my samsung galaxy s3
how to reply to an email on samsung galaxy s3
how to reply to email on galaxy s3
samsung galaxy s3 cant send emails

samsung galaxy s3 email sending failed