s beams

jparish

Reaction score
I have a RAZR m. My wife has galexy 3. How do we swap apps by touching phones

sweenbeen

Reaction score
You don't. Lol only s3s can... But you can download a location based app like bump... And swap things that way

Sent from my Motorola RazrM using Droid Forums

sonik

Reaction score
Sweenbeen, you certain about this? Our Ms have the same native nfc tech and the samsung and nokia (which can beam via nfc between eachother) I had thought I'd read the m could too but I can't recall where I'd read it or how it would was done.. :/

sonik

Reaction score
..menu>settings>wireless & networks>more>enable nfc & enable android beam.. from there, Idk. Don't have another nfc device to play with atm

sweenbeen

Reaction score
I'll have to dig more.

sweenbeen

Reaction score
Well, looks like you can! All you do is put the phones back to back... I don't have another phone to test with though...

View attachment 58054

SteveIrv

Reaction score
I've played with this some between the M's my wife and I own.

Was trying to transfer pictures from one phone to the other and it never worked the way i thought it would. Every time I tried sending a picture, it sent the entire app i was using to view the picture with.

The M's curently will transfer things like URL's, and apps between phones but not pictures and videos...YET. The abilities of NFC will be expanded with the upcoming update to JB though so that we'll be able to use it in much the same manner as the Samsung phones..