1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

s 3 wierd thing happened 2 days in a row

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S3' started by jodon2, Oct 18, 2012.

1. jodon2

jodon2 New Member

I brought up a web page and hit the pwr button (not to turn it off) but for the screen saver till I got someones attention. When I went to turn the screen on nothing happened. Had to remove battery to repower it up. This happened 2 times.
    Anyone know why?
    Thanks
    Joe
  2. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

So its going to sleep and not waking up so to speak.. black screen of death.. not good.. hopefully someone will be able to help you out :)
  3. jodon2

jodon2 New Member

only time it dosent wake up is if there is a web page like google opened. No problem waking up when apps are in use
  4. k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t New Member

Don't you hate how whenever you're trying to show someone something is when your phone acts up? So true...
  5. Vmax

Vmax New Member

Several times my s3 would not wake up and I had to pull the battery. I didn't correlate that with the Web page thing. I'll have to pay closer attention next time it happens.
  6. Batman8

Batman8 Member

Jodon2 - You might want to try clearing the cache/data for the browser that you're using. If it is the only app that is giving you this problem and clearing cache/data doesn't help, then I would try uninstalling just that browser and reinstalling it to see if that does it.

Finding the cause to these type of problems can be tricky and sometime very time consuming. I have over 735 apps & games on my S3, and finding out which apps don't work well together has been a nightmare but I usually get to the root of the problem sooner or later. Good luck.
Search tags for this page
galaxy s3 screen-of-death
how to fix black screen of death on samsung galaxy s3

samsung galaxy s3 black screen of death

samsung galaxy s3 black screen of death fix