s 3 wierd thing happened 2 days in a row

jodon2

Reaction score
I brought up a web page and hit the pwr button (not to turn it off) but for the screen saver till I got someones attention. When I went to turn the screen on nothing happened. Had to remove battery to repower it up. This happened 2 times.
Anyone know why?
Thanks
Joe

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So its going to sleep and not waking up so to speak.. black screen of death.. not good.. hopefully someone will be able to help you out :)

OP
J

jodon2

Reaction score
only time it dosent wake up is if there is a web page like google opened. No problem waking up when apps are in use

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Don't you hate how whenever you're trying to show someone something is when your phone acts up? So true...

Vmax

Reaction score
Several times my s3 would not wake up and I had to pull the battery. I didn't correlate that with the Web page thing. I'll have to pay closer attention next time it happens.

Batman8

Reaction score
Jodon2 - You might want to try clearing the cache/data for the browser that you're using. If it is the only app that is giving you this problem and clearing cache/data doesn't help, then I would try uninstalling just that browser and reinstalling it to see if that does it.

Finding the cause to these type of problems can be tricky and sometime very time consuming. I have over 735 apps & games on my S3, and finding out which apps don't work well together has been a nightmare but I usually get to the root of the problem sooner or later. Good luck.