Running with the Rezound?

tobiasg

Reaction score
I have started running again and would like to take my Rezound along for the run/jog/walk ;)

Anyone have good armbands or maybe waist bands that they can recommend? I am worried about the nerd level of something like this Amazon.com: Tune Belt Sport Belt for iPhone 4 / 4S and More (Fits iPhone 3GS, 3G; Droid X; HTC ThunderBolt; Samsung Galaxy S and many more): MP3 Players & Accessories but am worried I will look even more like a goober than I already do. I don't really see any arm bands that I like plus I think the Rezound might be a bit heavy up there - or not. Suggestions?

Thanks,
T

gohoosiers

Reaction score
I couldn't care less about looking like a goober. What I want to know is will it stream pandora or google music and do a gps fitness app at the same time? I have a armband I bought for my D2 which I'm sure will also hold a Rezound, but I can't tell you what it is.

nikecar

Reaction score
gohoosiers said:
I couldn't care less about looking like a goober. What I want to know is will it stream pandora or google music and do a gps fitness app at the same time? I have a armband I bought for my D2 which I'm sure will also hold a Rezound, but I can't tell you what it is.

If a case blocks your phone from streaming Pandora then something is wrong.

mikeinctown

Reaction score

I hike with mine and use MapMyHike to log the route and at the same time I stream Sirius Satellite. I've also texted and done e-mails at the same time. The phone has no problem multitasking.

acousticshade

Reaction score
Get a bike jersey that has the nice pockets in the back. Plop your smartphone in a pocket and your wires for your earbuds are behind you instead of in front of you.

I don't run, but this works great for us bikers.

OP
T

tobiasg

Reaction score
Get a bike jersey that has the nice pockets in the back. Plop your smartphone in a pocket and your wires for your earbuds are behind you instead of in front of you.

I don't run, but this works great for us bikers.

Hmm this isn't a bad idea at all, I have a few bike jersesy with pockets, hopefully it won't bounce out.

EDIT: This does not work for runners, made it about 10 steps with it litteraly bouncing around like one of those little pink paddle balls attached by elastic. Carried it in my hand on the rest of the run. Off to find a fanny pack.

Thanks for the idea though, it was worth a try.

Follow up question - anyone know if you have have headphones plugged in and bluetooth streaming the same music? I need to just try it but keep forgetting.

gohoosiers

Reaction score
If a case blocks your phone from streaming Pandora then something is wrong.

I didn't mean to imply that it does. Streams perfectly. My point was that I don't care about the appearance of the armband as long as the phone is fully functional.

marioval

Reaction score
I bought this armband from Amazon and it fits the Rez perfect. I did however use an exacto blade to cut out a small strip of the plastic so I could get to the volume rockers easier. I also find that it works better if you wear it low so that it sort of sits on your forearm, plus that way you can keep the strap loose and you wont feel like you are blocking blood circulation. If I wear it up high closer to the armpit then it feels like its going to slide down my arm because it is big and heavy and you have to keep the strap tight which is not comfy...... If I am using my Beats headphone then it gives a "next" button on the headphones cord but when I use my other headphones that stay in my ears better I use an app called Tactile Player that lets me use a double click of the volume rocker to play the next song.... I also use Runtastic to track my running and its a great app.

Armband
Amazon.com: Verizon Wireless HTC Rezound Mobile Smartphone Water Resistant Neoprene Sports Gym Jogging Exercise Armband: Cell Phones & Accessories

Tactile Free
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...pY2FwcHMuYW5kcm9pZC50YWN0aWxlcGxheWVyZnJlZSJd

Tactile Full (pay)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...Vsb2dpY2FwcHMuYW5kcm9pZC50YWN0aWxlcGxheWVyIl0.

Runtastic
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.runtastic.android&hl=en

Aimstin

Reaction score
Running is wonderful exercise and also my favorite. I have started doing running daily to burn extra fat from my belly. I think its a best thing to do for fat burning. Anyway i am happy to read about your running routine dear tobiasg.