Running ubuntu on Droid incredible troubles with keyboard?

Globed

Reaction score
I am having troubles with the keyboard in ubuntu that I'm running on my Droid. The keyboard isn't mapped right. So I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix the keyboard, or if there was a way to remap it in ubuntu using command line or? Any ideas?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Beemo125

Reaction score
yeah, that's right. go to layouts and see if any of the keyboards work better for you. You may have to keep trying again and again, but that's what hacking is all about.

I think it's cool you've got ubuntu running on your phone. good luck.

Beemo125

Reaction score
oh yeah, try:
sudo apt-get install xkeycaps
to do this from the command line
-Beemo

OP
G

Globed

Reaction score
Ok so ran the command and what would I do next? And yeah its a pain

Beemo125

Reaction score
I suppose you will have to bind the keys one by one. You can check the man pages for details. It's diffi ult for me to predict exactly what's up with ubuntu on your phone and the idiosyncracies therein. If you can try to map some keys and let me know how it works out for you, maybe I can steer you in tje right direction, but you're going to have to venture forth on your own first.

OP
G

Globed

Reaction score
Yes I ran the command right and I will I'm working on it still. So after I ran the command for xkeycap is there any commands I should run for keycaps

Sent from Droid Incredible >8)

OP
G

Globed

Reaction score
So I think I found a solution. Is there a way to make a template for the android keyboard.l?