1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Running ubuntu on Droid and am having problems with the keyboard being mapped right.

Discussion in 'Droid Incredible Hacks' started by Globed, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Globed

Globed New Member

Hey I recently got ubuntu running on my Droid incredible, and it works great only issue I have is the keyboard in ubuntu isn't mapped right. So I can't really do anything. Does anyone know a fix or does anyone know how to remapp the keyboard so it matches the android keyboard?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums
  2. Beemo125

Beemo125 New Member

Does your cursor / touchscreen work?

If so, you should be able to access keyboard mapping from System > Preferences > Assistive Technologies; You can manually all the keyvalues one by one.

Send screenshots.
    -Beemo
  3. Globed

Globed New Member

Ok I did what you said and was ubuntu successfully and I attached screenshots to this post. The first picture I typed. Asdfghjkl on the keyboard n that's what I got. The second is I went to system >preferences> assisted technologies. Any other ideas?

4. Globed

Globed New Member

Screenshots are here
    :

Attached Files:

5. dmobley88

dmobley88 New Member

I have the huawei fusion 2. I installed Complete linux installer. After doing that, installed busy box, downloaded, and unzipped the ubuntu 12 file to "/mnt/sdcard/ubuntu". after doing that, I had installed android VNC. once installed, I had to enable one of the check boxes "local mouse pointer" or something to that effect. once done, I launched android vnc, and used the connections "localhost" port "5900" and password "ubuntu". once done, the keyboard mapping works perfectly!!!!! NOTE: Read what's in the terminal emulator before connecting via android vnc. that's all I had to do to get the keyboard mapping working correctly. hope this helps.
Search tags for this page

android ubuntu keyboard mapping

how to connect ubuntu keyboard touch on android

how to fix keyboard in ubuntu in android

how to solve keyboard problem on ubuntu in android
mouse pointer to asus andriod disappeared

ú©ù„ûŒø¯ ù…ûŒø§ù† ø¨ø±

ubuntu android keyboard fix
ubuntu keyboard ptoblems
ubuntu rom keyboard wont work
ubuntu safestrap