running too hot. help? gingerbread

thejas

Reaction score
I am a regular user of droidforums.net and love this place and the community so thanks for all the help in advance to everyone. I just bought my wife a droid on ebay (i have my own i love so very much rooted/custom rom'd the works...) and this thing is rough! It runs hot even in recovery mode. What is going on with it? I've tried every kernel I can think of (standard/lv/ulv) and all done by different users and still this thing runs so hot. Even if it's just sitting there at the desktop it's hot. Is this normal for any droid? I know that droids differ as far as kernels running but has anyone heard of them overheating in recovery and rebooting? At this point I just don't know what to do. I don't know if a setting in the processor (transistor?) is stuck in some position. When i check set cpu i have it underclocked at 400mhz and still goes to 110 F almost immediately upon boot (when it makes it to boot). I'm running ud 3.3 and on my phone it is perfect but my wifes (this one spoken about here) it seems hopeless. Could the rom be doing this? If so, why am i getting the same results in clockwork? Thanks all. Hope someone can shed some light on this.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
It sounds like a hardware issue, perhaps that is why the guy sold it on eBay. If it were me, I would be for contacting the seller for a return/refund. If they refuse, a paypal claim always seems to get their attention for me.

good luck

OP
T

thejas

Reaction score
It sounds like a hardware issue, perhaps that is why the guy sold it on eBay. If it were me, I would be for contacting the seller for a return/refund. If they refuse, a paypal claim always seems to get their attention for me.

good luck

Thanks for the reply! It seems that it wasn't the phone at all. Gingerbread just didn't work on that phone. All the kernels would go as high as they could regardless of clock settings and profiles. So the phone would overheat. Decided to try UD 2.5 froyo and have had 0 issues since. Just very odd that it did that....