Running the D1 without a contract

ftajeffrey

Reaction score
How in the world do I install an apk without astro? I meant without service.

Last edited:

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking but if you don't have service you're going to need wifi to access the market. If you're trying to install through Astro just tap the apk and hit install.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
ftajeffrey

ftajeffrey

Reaction score
Also, I've unable to access the market with just wifi. (this is on a non active phone that I got for my son to play and learn with)

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Really? Does it give an error message?

rudydroid

Reaction score
Also, I've unable to access the market with just wifi. (this is on a non active phone that I got for my son to play and learn with)

you will likely have to create a google account to access the google market even by wifi.
I have an optimas v, also not activated, but running on wifi at home and at work, and I had to create a google account to access the google market.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
ftajeffrey

ftajeffrey

Reaction score
Really? Does it give an error message?

Not a message with and error code, simply a message saying unable to contact google servers. Another thing, I have activated his phone, which deactivates mine, and tried to go to market on mine and I get the same response. So, idk... If anyone is able to access market on a phone without service, please, please tell me how you accomplish that.

OP
ftajeffrey

ftajeffrey

Reaction score

you will likely have to create a google account to access the google market even by wifi.
I have an optimas v, also not activated, but running on wifi at home and at work, and I had to create a google account to access the google market.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Google account created on the PC but still get the same message from google when I try to log in. I have noticed this before after flashing roms with full wipe and I have always had to turn on 3g to make it happen.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not a message with and error code, simply a message saying unable to contact google servers. Another thing, I have activated his phone, which deactivates mine, and tried to go to market on mine and I get the same response. So, idk... If anyone is able to access market on a phone without service, please, please tell me how you accomplish that.
Service isn't the issue -- you've indicated that in the post above that I've quoted. There's something up with the device. Have you tried a reboot or battery pull to see if the issue persists?