1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

running smoked glass 6.0 and 2.2 ota update wont stop d/l'ing

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by curtis g, Aug 21, 2010.

1. curtis g

curtis g New Member

I don't know what to do?? I'm not very knowldgeable with rooting and flashing. But I have a moto droid running smoked glass v6.0. The phone is flashed to metro pcs, everything works great but ever since the 2.2 ota update came out, my phone automatically downloads the update(takes over an hr without wi-fi) after the download it says need a restart in the settings-about phone-system updates page, but there is no restart or install prompt but only the option to download it again. And if I don't the phone downloads it every 3 to 4 hours, slows my connection to a crawl and kills my battery. Please someone help, I really need your guy's expertise
  2. dbuglio

dbuglio New Member

I am running UD 7.0 and it has done the same thing for me. It is fixed on 'that' rom by hitting install now, allowing it to reboot and try to install, then the install will fail and you restart.
  3. curtis g

curtis g New Member

After it downloads it seems to reset or something, I never get an install prompt. Just another download prompt. And if I just leave it alone it will automaticaly download every 3 to 4 hours. Thanks for your reply, do u have any other ideas?
  4. TopDroid

TopDroid New Member

Are you still having the OTA problem? Or did u fix it yet. I have some suggestions if so..
  5. curtis g

curtis g New Member

Oddly enough, its stopped. I forgot to throw it on the charger lastnight but It held its battery level overnight which was odd being that it was downloading that update and killing the battery. I checked the "check for updates" option in settings and it says "your system is currently up to date" as it did before all this crap. So I don't know if the phone or verizon finally gave up or what? This just happened so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Its good to have my phone back lol
  6. TopDroid

TopDroid New Member

Good! If it comes back up let me know. I had a similar problem with UD7 but now Im using Sapphire which is amazing. I was going to say to Flash Sapphire so you wont keep getting the update message but since youre ok now, theres no need to. but if it happens again, and u want to keep UD7 as your Rom, go to the Ultimate Droid thread and ask one of those guys about it. I know theres a way to keep UD7 and get rid of the OTA message but I didnt feel like getting into it. UD7 is an amazing rom but you may want to go out there and try some new roms to see what you like the best. Hope everything works out!!
  7. curtis g

curtis g New Member

Hey thanks, I appreciate you trying to help....I'm going to look into saphire. My hang up with switching roms is that I'm flashed over to metro pcs and from what I understand if I change roms ill need to have the phone re-flashed? And untill I'm comfortable with being able to do that myself, well I prob won't switch roms myself, plus with metro a lot of features like pic msging and http browseing has to be "unlocked" or maybe the rom does that? I'm deffinately a noob, just reading posts and trying to learn as much as I can(when time allows) but yeah thanks and ill let u know if this problem comes up again and if there's any info you want to pass on, I'm all ears or eyes? Lol