Running sluggish

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by psi, Feb 28, 2011.

1. psi

psi New Member

Hi all I am fairly new to this. I am currently running ver 5.0 on the 1st Gen Droid. Rescently my phone has been sluggish and reboots on its own. I was wondering what should I do? Anyway to format the phone back to scratch and start over? What are my choices?
    Thanks

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  2. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Did you read the install sticky? I believe a few options are listed there - if you have tried those, let me know and we'll go to step 2!
  3. psi

psi New Member

Well I didn't get to finish my post .. boss walked in the room :) when I got this phone it was already hacked and had a rom on it so i don't know what all has been done. After doing some reading I picked your rom. I love it.. as for the sticky I have been trying to read but my phone is crapping out on me and not lettering me browse to well at this time.

4. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

I had previously installed 5.0 on my Droid 1 and I had a lot of issues (rebooting, fc's, etc.). I recently reinstalled it with RZRecovery 2.01 and wiped and the install is perfect. I've been running it now for about a week and it's flawless.

So, I would recommend the same thing to you. Flash RZR 2.01 ( http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ra...-based-update-zips-battery-charging-more.html ) and then use the "Wipe All" function and re-install 5.0.

Good luck.
  5. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Also forgot to tell you that my standard fix for "running sluggish" is to reboot the phone every day or two. Your phone will love it.
  6. psi

psi New Member

Thanks for the info. Coming from a BB I got in a habit of rebooting so I kept it up when I got the Droid.