Running slow. Kill off tasks, clear cache, or ?

jmurra

Reaction score
wonderful Razr keeps slowing down. 4G is now the same as 3G, should I be periodically closing tasks somehow, or clearning files/cache or ?

Many thanks in advance to those of you in the know and willing to share.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I take it you're not rooted. That's Ok. Here are a couple things you can try. Power off your phone when you charge it... Motorola recommends you power off the phone every few days... It kind of cleans the system. If you use a task killer get rid of it. You can download a cache cleaner from Play Store... 1Tap is pretty good. If none of this helps then I would do a Factory Reset... Yeah PIA, but that might be your best bet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

OP
J

jmurra

Reaction score
thank you for the help and suggestions. Will try them one at a time.

hemdroid23

Reaction score
I did the 215 leak update from MattyP in the stickies. Made a huge difference. Mine was beginning to get so slow that I didn't want to even mess with my phone anymore. Did not do an fdr either.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I did the 215 leak update from MattyP in the stickies. Made a huge difference. Mine was beginning to get so slow that I didn't want to even mess with my phone anymore. Did not do an fdr either.
The process of flashing .215 (or any ROM) cleans your cache, data and delvik cache during the process, that's probably why you see a difference in phone performance. I've been using the .215 leak and haven't seen any performance enhancement of better battery life...although there could be I guess, I just don't notice it. But I suspect the improved performance you are experiencing is the result of the "cleaning" that took place during the flash to .215. If jmurra is not rooted, then having to do so to get .215 opens up a different set of potential problems if he is not familiar with root and flashing ROMs (although I will admit with the RazrUtility and a custom recovery it is pretty safe). None the less, glad you are liking the increased performance with .215 for what ever the reason.

hemdroid23

Reaction score
That's all good, but from what I understand, the 215 leak is not rooting. It is just an update that never went out to the masses. I could be wrong.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
That's all good, but from what I understand, the 215 leak is not rooting. It is just an update that never went out to the masses. I could be wrong.
My mistake...I think you are right, no root required to flash the .215 link through stock recovery. To be honest, I'm have a senior moment, I don't remember if I was stock or rooted when I flashed the .215 link, lol...it all gets confusing after awhile.

hemdroid23

Reaction score
Haha, I hear ya. Although just an fdr would have done the "cleaning" you speak of. I wanted to try this. Working good so far.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Haha, I hear ya. Although just an fdr would have done the "cleaning" you speak of. I wanted to try this. Working good so far.
Yeah, but you make a good point, at least by flashing .215 and NOT doing a factory reset you don't have to worry about loosing all your downloaded apps etc.