Running sevices.

zjh

Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me. I stopped a running service for a gps toggle widget not knowing what it was. Won't be doing that again. Now everytime I turn a non stock gps widget on or off it sends me to settings which is very annoying. I was wondering if anyone knows what I did or if there is a way to fix it. Again thanks for your help.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me. I stopped a running service for a gps toggle widget not knowing what it was. Won't be doing that again. Now everytime I turn a non stock gps widget on or off it sends me to settings which is very annoying. I was wondering if anyone knows what I did or if there is a way to fix it. Again thanks for your help.

Which phone? Reason I ask is I have a D2 and it takes me to settings when I hit my beautiful widgets GPS short cut. I don't think my D1 did that, I'll have to check.

Edit: D1 goes to settings too. I think that's the way it's suppose to work.

Last edited:
OP
Z

zjh

Reaction score
Sorry I forgot. Droidx. It didn't used to take me to settings until I stopped that running service. now I don't know if its a setting is off or I somehow need to restore that service. the stock gps widget doesn't take me to settings though. Just widgets from the market.

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
I guess the more important question is "What is the name the GPS widget you were using"? I ask because the Power Control Plus GPS widget has always toggled GPS instantly where as Beautiful Widgets has always taken me go he Settings dialog.

I would suggest just uninstalling the widget applicaton you are using and then reinstall it.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
If you are looking for the stock GPS widget can't you just long press on home screen and go to android widgets and choose power control?

OP
Z

zjh

Reaction score
Sorry, I have weather and toggle widget. I have the stock widget also but I can't figure out why no other widget will work automatically. I have now downloaded a couple of different widgets to see what they would do and they also take me to the settings page. I don't want to have to use the stock widget forever so that is why I'm posting this. I am thinking it has something to do with running services but I'm not sure.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Oh yeah not sure either that is just the way it is, beautiful widgets does the same thing.