1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Running Services Droid X

Discussion in 'Droid X FAQ' started by b1g b, Sep 14, 2010.

1. b1g b

b1g b New Member

I know i am a noob but i just got my Droid X 3 days ago and I have been trying to ask around to see what i should keep running and what to stop in my running services under settings. My battery life isnt great so that is a main reason for asking this question. Here is what i have running as shown from my droid. (I wont list all because its quite long as you may know. I am hoping a willing person can PM me and let me know whats up! Thanks!!)

Android System
    -ExtDispService

Social Networking
    -SocialWidgetProvider
    -FeedRecieverService

Backup Assistant

News
    -NewsWidgetProvider
    -StatusWidgetProvider
    -NewsRetrievalService

Toggle Widgets
    -GpsToggle$UpdateService

etc....
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  2. droidman101

droidman101 New Member

Be sure to be on autobrightness, have NO taskillers(these things are useless), and turn gps on ONLY when you need it
  3. liferefugee

liferefugee New Member

I will post here so others who may have the same question can learn as well...

Use a program like watchdog that will monitor your cpu useage for run away services. Use a toggle switch on one of your desktop pages (the android power switch works well, or moto has single ones that end up taking a 4x1 row) to toggle wifi/bluetooth/gps as needed, and turn them off when not using to save battery power. Other than that, I wouldnt worry about what your background threads are, trust in the OS to manage that, and for those that need it watchdog will catch them.

*EDIT* by doing this, I get almost 5 hours of constant video streaming use. I dont know if that is good, moderate, or poor battery life, but it works fine for me.
Search tags for this page
android.extdispservice
com.motorola.android.extdispservice

droid x running services

extdispservice

extdispservice droid x
motorola extdispservice
running services on droid 2
what is com.motorola.android.extdispservice
what is gpstoggle$update service
what is motorola extdispservice