Running Services Droid X

b1g b

Reaction score
I know i am a noob but i just got my Droid X 3 days ago and I have been trying to ask around to see what i should keep running and what to stop in my running services under settings. My battery life isnt great so that is a main reason for asking this question. Here is what i have running as shown from my droid. (I wont list all because its quite long as you may know. I am hoping a willing person can PM me and let me know whats up! Thanks!!)

Android System
-ExtDispService

Social Networking
-SocialWidgetProvider
-FeedRecieverService

Backup Assistant

News
-NewsWidgetProvider
-StatusWidgetProvider
-NewsRetrievalService

Toggle Widgets
-GpsToggle$UpdateService

etc....

Last edited:

droidman101

Reaction score
Be sure to be on autobrightness, have NO taskillers(these things are useless), and turn gps on ONLY when you need it

liferefugee

Reaction score
I will post here so others who may have the same question can learn as well...

Use a program like watchdog that will monitor your cpu useage for run away services. Use a toggle switch on one of your desktop pages (the android power switch works well, or moto has single ones that end up taking a 4x1 row) to toggle wifi/bluetooth/gps as needed, and turn them off when not using to save battery power. Other than that, I wouldnt worry about what your background threads are, trust in the OS to manage that, and for those that need it watchdog will catch them.

*EDIT* by doing this, I get almost 5 hours of constant video streaming use. I dont know if that is good, moderate, or poor battery life, but it works fine for me.