Running Rooted

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Twista89, May 27, 2010.

1. Twista89

Twista89 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was wondering is there anything that can teach me everything I need to know about running rooted specifially running with the BB V1.1??

I was wondering how do you run scripts and also how do I stop this phone from double booting everytime I turn the phone off????

2. jrod1990

jrod1990 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Scripts is done through terminal emulator which should show up in your app tray after install. You have to use your physical keyboard for this one. Just type in each script one at a time and hit the enter button and you should see the action you selected say it was switched or removed after. Not sure about the double boot, did you wipe before install?

3. brando56894

brando56894 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not to be an ass or anything, but I doubt anyone on here is willing to take you step by step, just read around the hacking section and you'll learn tons of stuff. If you want a full step by step on how to root 2.0.1 check out Matth3w's guide and it will tell you everything to do step by step (theres about 115 steps IIRC).

Ive only had me for almost three months and I feel I'm pretty well versed in it.

4. Twista89

Twista89 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I dont see any terminal emulator in the apps...I see Superuser Permissions and Spare parts but thats it as far as unrecognized apps...

and what I did was I wiped it clean before I rooted and just installed the ROM after I rooted with 2.1. This was happening with V1.0 as well....

5. brando56894

brando56894 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You have to download a terminal emulator from the market, as for the boot loops try a different kernel.

6. Twista89

Twista89 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok and right now I have the 800mhz kernel installed and it also did this with the stock 600mhz kernel....

7. elohel

elohel New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So to confirm, you didn't just wipe the CACHE, you wiped DATA/CACHE, right? As in reset to factory defaults??

8. Twista89

Twista89 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    correct but only before I rooted the phone...afterwards I just installed the ROM...no wipe

And any directions on how to use this terminal emulator...i figured out how to get permission access but when I type lets say -cpuinfo it says not found...

9. Twista89

Twista89 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    nevermind got the scripts to work...but would def like to fix this boot problem...

10. elohel

elohel New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So, to understand correctly, you:

1.) Wiped CACHE/DATA
    2.) Gained root access on a Verizon 2.0.1 ROM, via whatever method you chose
    2.) Placed BuglessBeast v1.1 onto the SD card's root directory and renamed it to update.zip (assuming you've flashed to SPRecovery)
    3.) Allowed for update.zip
    4.) Installed update.zip
    5.) Boot into BuglessBeast v1.1
    6.) Getting boot loops.

If this is the case, you've done it out of order, or rather, you've missed a step.

You need to wipe CACHE/DATA IMMEDIATELY BEFORE you install the update.zip. Essentially, if this is what you did, you installed BuglessBeast over the 2.0.1 ROM and hence you're having boot loops...they're kinda like froot loops but not as tasty. dancedroid

11. jrod1990

jrod1990 Member

Ratings:
    +0

12. Twista89

Twista89 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok well I just tried wiping the data/cache again without reinstalling bugless and I was able to boot up once but I restored my apps and it started doing it again. So should I try restoring just my apps and not the data...would that work???

I was also wondering what app is there to change the color the notification light as I thought I read someone talking about doing that on this forum a while ago. Also is it possible to change the charging light color as well???

13. Phxphenom

Phxphenom Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There is a guy on here named Diordna who walked me step by step through the root process. He is a college kid and I threw him a few bucks afterward. Helps to be on FB at same time too.....

Send him a message and tell him MArc sent you.

14. LtKen

LtKen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I've got a long weekend full of nothing, PM me with an IM screen name and I'll help you out. I'm running BB1.0, but I've been at this long enough that I should be able to help.