Running phone services through wifi

KamikazeMatt

Reaction score
Basically like the subject says. I don't have awesome service at my house(surprisingly with Verizon). Is there a way to run my phone calls, texts, all my "network" services through my home wifi?

Sent from my hacked DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

leobg

Reaction score
Doesn't Verizon have those fem-to-cell or whatever they are called extenders for low/no coverage areas- a thing that acts as a mini base station, connects via Internet and creates coverage for the area of your house?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

Edit: This is what you need

Last edited:

chitala383

Reaction score
Ummm... just turning wifi on doesnt work for u? Try going to setting -> wireless networks -> wifi settings hit the menu hardkey button -> advanced -> wifi sleep policy and select never. That will make ur phone only use wifi and not vzw's 3g when theres wifi available.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
K

KamikazeMatt

Reaction score
I've got the phone networked in through wifi for internet service, but it doesn't help with coverage. Verizon has the interfaces to boost signal in the household, but they want to charge a monthly fee for it like sprint does. I just didn't know if there was an app that would use the wifi for regular phone service?

OP
K

KamikazeMatt

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. Ill look into the extender. The last time I looked at them they wanted a monthly fee. I guess not now. :) any other ideas im still open for.

leobg

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. Ill look into the extender. The last time I looked at them they wanted a monthly fee. I guess not now. :) any other ideas im still open for.

I was reading an article somewhere recently you can get one for free if your coverage is bad. Google around, you might get lucky.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL