Running out of memory??

Crispy

Reaction score
I got a notice saying I was running out of memory on my phone. I find this strange. Refresh me.. How do I check my phones memory availability?

Thx
Original Moto Droid

Reaction score
Dowload advanced task killer. It's free on the market and will show you exactly what's running and how much free memory you have. You can of course just go into settings>applications. Than switch to the running tab and force stop each app one by one. That's what atk is for just easier for you

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

ajk23az

Reaction score
Dowload advanced task killer. It's free on the market and will show you exactly what's running and how much free memory you have. You can of course just go into settings>applications. Than switch to the running tab and force stop each app one by one. That's what atk is for just easier for you

nix, nix, nix...

Don't install any task killers on your phone. Android already does an excellent job of managing the memory and all the task killer will do is kill the speed of your phone. I know from experience...

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
-1 ATK is not needed and will just hog more space. For best results, reboot your phone once or twice a day and always use your back key to exit applications. Makes a world of difference and allows Android to run the way it is designed to run.

DroidForums junkie!!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Generally the low memory notification is for internal storage. A task killer is irrelevant as it won't free storage space. Your apps in internal memory, their data and their cache all use that space. You can see what's available by doing this from the home screen:

- Menu
- Settings
- SD card & phone storage

Look under Internal phone storage.

Reaction score
I would think the droid in my hand would specify if it was storage space he was running out of and not his phones ram am I wrong?