Running low on memory

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
You can also get an "on the go " memory card. Search for them on amazon. Reasonable price. Lotsa storage
I agree that an USB OTG adapter would give greater flexibility for storage of pics, vids, and music, and it's a good suggestion in most storage issues. I have several USB OTG adapters and the work great. However the OP was apparently more concerned with the limited number of apps they could install. Unfortunately there is little to nothing an OTG adapter can do in this case to assist in that. Less than 50MB of data can be moved off giving little additional space for apps.

OP
ItsQueen

ItsQueen

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Alcatel OneTouch
Thanks for the suggestions. After using Cloud Storage, I am assuming it is only for photos. Should I just get an SD card?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
It appears that your phone supports a microSD card so yes, you should. It would be good for additional local storage. If you also use the phone for mail you may want to look at clearing out trash and cleaning up the sent mail. That could give you back a few MB.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
As well..... If you get an sd card, under settings, applications, most of your apps support storage to the card. This fees up a ton of space as you posted that a lot of space is being used for downloads.

OP
ItsQueen

ItsQueen

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Alcatel OneTouch
It appears that your phone supports a microSD card so yes, you should. It would be good for additional local storage. If you also use the phone for mail you may want to look at clearing out trash and cleaning up the sent mail. That could give you back a few MB.
As well..... If you get an sd card, under settings, applications, most of your apps support storage to the card. This fees up a ton of space as you posted that a lot of space is being used for downloads.
Ok. Thanks! I will go get an Micro SD card since it appears to be my best option.